External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Headlight Lense

Old 05-30-2005, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok so my head light lense's are just messed up beyond belief right now and i need new ones

now i'm curious as to how to go about doin this and where you guys think i should start...i kinda don't want the whole headlight because my housing is blacked out and if i could just put on a new unfogged/messed up lense would be easiest. Now here's what i'm thinking

1) Go to the dealer...will they sell me just a lense? and honestly i'm sure it's a rip off there...

2) Find a online hyundai parts store...again would they sell just the lense, and i'm sure it'd be comparable to the dealership cost

3)ebay...but then it might take a while to find one, and it might not be in brandnew condition (or damn close) like i want.

4) a junkyard...god knows how many places i'd have to go to try and find some in good enough condition...

5) anybody on here have any suggestions?

i know you all would say go with the KDM ones...but honestly i don't really want to spend that much money, and having glass lenses on your headlights can make you fail inspection if the guy decides to be a dick that day. (safety hazard if they break).

any input would be appreciated
Old 05-30-2005, 10:13 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

is the whole lense stained, or is it just the surface?

this might help...

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=6219
Old 05-30-2005, 10:16 PM

You can't get the "lens" itself. Doesn't come that way
You have to buy the whole assembly, new or used.

Just polish it first like Tibby01 suggested.
Then Ebay
Old 05-31-2005, 02:54 AM

Ask K-SPEC to send you a set of the KDM units.

They are glass, not plastic, so they never fog/cloud over. Just a warning they use "H1" bulbs for high and low beam, so you'll need 4 H1 bulbs. If you have HID's or expensive aftermarket bulbs, you won't be able to use them.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:14 PM

the whole lense is pretty much gone to hell. i'll try that scotchbrite and wool thing. for one last chance. i've tried just about everything short of using 1000-2000 grit sand paper to sand it down...

Random- read the post. KDM lenses are glass i know that. but with glass lense's it won't pass a safety inspection. if you get in an accident and the lense is glass it breaks/shatters, whatever. It's not legal. that's why the make them plastic and what not.

i'll scan e-bay tonight....

anybody have any headlights that look brandnew or almost brandnew. pm me.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:16 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

check car-part.com. there are probably some listings with lenses only.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:10 PM

Get some of that clear plastic film and put it over the KDM glass headlights. That way, when he taps on them, they "feel" and "sound" plastic.

If you do get "new" plastic lights, I reccomend you do the same. That film protects your lights so they don't cloud up like your current set did.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:19 PM

thanks buddy.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:23 PM

If you can't find a set and they won't clean up maybe you could just pray a lite coating of night shades on them to give them a slight tint, it would hide the imperfections and it might look good as well, I know it's not legal to tint your headlights but if you don't go to dark they may not notice, just a thought.....
Old 05-31-2005, 05:53 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

if you buy KDM ones from Kspec, the lenses should already be glass, so why not take the old headlight assembly and just replace the plastic with glass? and then sell the h1 units on ebay or something if that becomes a problem.

tibbychick might have lights. umm... junkyards have good lights. i hate searching for scrap yards but actually if you go to any gas station they can get a scrap yard to deliver you some used lamp set for a certain fee.