External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

headlight aim question

Old 07-19-2010, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 99 Tiburon FX
Default headlight aim question

Yesterday morning I changed my bulbs to an HID 8000k kit and now it seems from far away that driver side headlight shines more than the passenger side. Did I put the bulb in the wrong way? Is there a certain way that the bulb should be put in? Its driving me crazy! I couldnt have messed up the headlight aim that easily... scratchhead.gif
Old 07-19-2010, 09:00 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

In the owner's manual there are instructions for aiming your headlights.

What size bulb did you use? Were they the 9006 (isn't that factory RD1?)? I don't know if they have the little grooves that the RD2 H7 bulbs have, which do need a specific position. Either way, I think the headlights would aim the same.

There are screws you have to turn on the outside of the headlight housing to adjust the aim. Pull in front of a wall/garage (I think it's about 10 feet away - check manual) and you should measure the "line" that it projected onto the wall. It should be a certain height from the ground.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:29 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

24-26" from 10ft back, and there are adjustment screws like mentioned above. 1 for up/down, 1 for right/left. Just make sure the off bulb is seated right before you adjust anything.