External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Doesnt seem worth it to detail silver or white cars

Old 07-13-2010, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 tib
Default Doesnt seem worth it to detail silver or white cars

There are certain colors I have noticed that no matter how much you wash and wax them, they dont show the shine or reflections like black, red, or blue cars. If I had a silver or white car, i would probably just wash it to keep it clean and thats it. Wouldnt spend alot of time waxing it (maybe only once or twice a year) like I would with a darker color. Anyone else feel the same way?
Old 07-13-2010, 09:55 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

I whole heartedly disagree. My silver car is the sex after a nice wax and detail, and certainly more noticeable!

Unwaxed and unshined:

After full detail:
Old 07-13-2010, 10:22 PM

Vehicle: 2004 hyundai tiburon

cool.gif Nice pics man smile.gif
Old 07-19-2010, 06:03 AM

Vehicle: 1998 & 2001 Tiburon

IMHO, black cars are the hardest to keep looking perfect. For my silver car(driven 50 highway miles per day, LOTS of bugs/road grime), I wash it in my driveway 2x per week, and detail it every weekend. It only takes about 10 minutes to wash it, and about 30 minutes to detail it. I use spray on/wipe off quick wax because using actual wax takes forever. I do wax it a few time a year though.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:31 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

When washing a white car that's dirty, a simple wipe of the rag makes the different night and day. It's SO easy for a white car to look dirty. I don't have to worry about water spots, but dust and dirt can't hide anywhere on white.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

I use my car for an hour a day, and I don't even see the hood from inside. I clean the wind screen every whenever it gets dirty. The outside only needs to be cleaned if you care what it looks like (I don't) or if you care what other people think of your car (I don't) . . . white & dirty, that's how it rolls! laugh.gif