External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Gt Lip Review

Old 08-24-2008, 10:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

bud, think about it.

if you have to use anything that requires sanding, bondo glass, cutoff wheel, etc. that is a professional required job, simple as that.

a true, no holds barred lip kit that is perfect requires nothing more than bolts to attach and nothing more. you knew when you bought this that is required more than bolts.

even with 100% perfect so called lip kits that are applied with bolts and 3m tape, professional installers still do more in the end to make them look more than a boughten part. they make it look like it actually came from the factory that way.

take for instance spiffywerks car, his body guy riveted the hell out of the side skirts and then molded them to make them actually look like it came from the factory that way. now, if you wanted to keep body lines, it takes that much more to make a piece that is not a 100% hyundai mobis part. hell, my turby skirts don't fit that well, but i am getting them to fit right.

in the end, if it doesn't come straight from the factory, didnt get installed at the factory, it will need a pro to make it look like it came from the factory, simple as that.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:38 AM
Banned

i guess i have never seen pictures that close up.. pretty crappy for 450$ and it just being a lip kit..

the veilside kit fits like OEM, and the skirts that mwood and j3 have fit absolutely PERFECT. also, j3s front lip fit absolutely perfect. i believe he paid about 350$ for both the side skirts AND the front lip.

all it would take is a good mold, don't know why any of these companies can't get it right, and sell the product like its top of the line.

if the lip was, in fact made right, and had 'perfect' fitment, there should be nothing needed by a professional. the reason most of the lips are molded, is cuz people either a) want the molded look or b) because they had fitment issues, and molding is an easy way to cover it up.

also, peoples view on fitment can vary, specially with all the crappy fitting kits for the tibs.. if the thing is off by a 1/8" and bows out a little in some areas, that would be good fitment to most people.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:49 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

i noticed it a little when i test fitted it and someone one the site posted about it in the FOR SALE thread for the lip...

personally it does not bother me that much something that you have to up close to it to see and unlike DTN I'm not entering my car in car show competitions

the lip cost 250 but cost 150 for shipping which i thought was crazy

Also the kit that J3 got you can get it for 279 plus shipping and they still have them in stock cause they are on the erebuni website
Old 08-25-2008, 12:18 PM

I'm gonna have to agree that the fitment on this lip is not so great. Same issue with the air dams... With a little modification though, and a good mold job, it's still gonna look better than any lip available imo.