External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Finally Got My Turby On!

Old 06-02-2008, 02:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

anyways....

Old 06-02-2008, 12:22 PM

Jesus Christ, who the fvck cares how he installed them? It's his car, let it be. They look awesome optimo.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:37 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Thread cleaned up. No more off topic posts by ANYONE or the real ban hammer will come out. drillsergeant.gif
Old 06-02-2008, 06:41 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

skirts look awesome man. Where did you get them and how much??
Old 06-02-2008, 07:19 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

So let me get this straight. It's cool for everyone to discuss with DTN how he got a shitty exhaust, or did a shitty install of something, or went the cheap route, but you bring it up about one of the SOCKS trio and it's not allowed?

Java did what he though he should, and as always, I'll go along with it.

A few notes. NO ONE got banned in this thread, so before you talk shit, get your facts STRAIGHT. I posted ON TOPIC, then had my mother talked about?

Any moderators here can look at the posts and see them.

I love all of you guys, and this site, everyone knows that, otherwise I wouldn't be here much at all. Take some criticizm with a grain of salt. Last time I checked the rules, it says that in there too.

I DID say nice rims, and that I was impressed by how well he did the wing. The skirts look great too, just not the installation method of choice.

I'll leave this thread alone, but forwarned, don't stoop to talking about my mother. That's just poor form.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:09 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

That type-R looks awesome along with those skirts. So how did you go about painting them? just got them painted an put them on?

You can barely notice the color difference (I'm taking it you didn't get it blended???)

Side note: I'm fairly positive that he took the stock spoiler off and plugged the holes and went spoilerless for a while. So drilling was not necessary.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:19 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Really?

Did you find plugs that actually fit? If not, how did you plug them? I've been wanting to go spoiler less for awhile now to see if I like it.

Also, wasn't there a 4 lug version of those wheels on the earlier Sonata?

With those skirts, that spoiler, and clear corners, all you need is the KDM dash to have a full Turby conversion.

And after looking at the pics one last time, what did you do to your tails? Niteshade?
Old 06-02-2008, 08:21 PM
Banned

the holes people were talking about were the side skirt holes.

i think the type R spoiler was the best looking on my tib.

actually, i retract part of my statement about the KDM skirts, but the car needs to be slammed really low for them to work for me.. otherwise i just get a halfy from them... lmao.gif

FYI, for spoiler plugs.. got to ACE hardware at Golf course and Paseo. walk to the back of the store, turn right. walk 5 feet turn left.. BAM spoiler plugs lol.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:12 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

my bad REDZ i seriously though u were talkin smack so i talked a little back. no harm no foul? i'm sure your mom is good peoples thats just how we talk smack in ohio

Spoiler plugs: go to lowes/home depot and get nylon plugs in the hardware section with the slide draws where the bolts are. i just grabed a few packs and tried diffrent sizes till i found one that fits.

and the spoiler just sits in the same holes as stock so no problems there.

those earlier sonota wheels are kinda similar and i do like them but when you see the XG350 wheels in person they just do something for me

and you know i really dont like the KDM dash, the stock USDM is great for me i have people complement it all the time. i have a good friend with a 2007 tib and he tells me he wish's his inside was more like mine, that kinda stuff makes ya feel good so i'll stick with whats working for me.

i just droped parts off at a bodyshop here in town and he sprayed the spoiler/sides for me for 480. its kinda pricey but it seriously at least 100 bucks for the supplies so really its not that bad.

yea i just nightshaded them with maybe 2-3 light coats and just taped off the white section
Old 06-06-2008, 10:15 PM

i like what you did, but i like it wingless. mine coming off once i finish fixing her and get my bumper crap squared away.
nice though i almost power coated my rims white last year