External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Finally Got My Turby On!

Old 05-31-2008, 04:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

type R spoiler FTW getting them in gold/bronze FTW

those wheels FTW

turby skirts FTL

again.. exhaust FTL x 10

skirts being epoxied on it kinda a lazy way of doing it, (but its same way i would have done it if i bought those ugly ass sides) but doubt there will be any issues from it.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:38 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

drilling extra holes in your car??? FTL if you seriously think drilling holes in the side of your car is a good idea you have something wrong with you.

what happens when you want to change it up?? oh wait you cant change it up because you drilled holes in the side of your car. maybe you have money to just throw around drililng holes everywhere but i dont, i work a regular ass low wage job and do the work myself to save. so yea i guess i'm not that guy who drills holes in his car, good luck on that one.......
Old 06-01-2008, 12:08 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Good idea? It's the BEST idea. Matter of fact, it's the OEM idea.

After putting turby skirts on, why the HELL would you ever take them off? You are worried about what it would cost to get them filled and painted? WTF do you think epoxy is going to do to the paint there?

LOL

It has nothing to do with money. You spent more money for epoxy than it would cost to drill the holes. Unless you don't have a drill or drillbits, but if you are there, should you really be working on your car?

I don't work at all, so you've got me beat there, but I'm still doing mine correctly.

BTW, those rims rule.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:07 PM
Banned

well, i could think of a few reasons NOT to drill holes.. if you want to take them off and sell them seperately from the car when you sell the entire trhing.. OR if you want to go a different direction as far as looks, you wont have holes drilled in the side of your car..

ALSO, epoxy is going to work JUST as good as holes, its never going to budge, unless its cut off.

drilling holes, allows for the possibility of rust, since your drilling through the paint, primer, and exposing bare metal..

even if you paint the drill areas you still have a possibility of rust that you didn't have before drilling.

not all epoxy is going to ruin the paint, it might, but it still would be a much easier fix than filling and repainting the area if he ever took them off.

wow, and about the money part.. 3$ for a tube of epoxy.. major cash flow there....

just because they come with tabs, and they install them OEM with the little tabs doesn't mean its the ONLY good way or the BEST way to do it.

optimo, what rims are those.. i looked at some pics of XG350s and those look different, better, but different..
Old 06-01-2008, 01:31 PM

There is only one BEST way to do it, and OEM with an OEM part, happens to be it.

If you are stupid and don't paint the holes when you drill, you deserve rust. Also, who would put these on then take them back off? That's just stupid too.

$3 for epoxy? $0 for drill and drill bit, cause I already own one!

If you cut off those tabs, then want to sell these later, you have to find some way to replace those tabs.

Good luck.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:32 PM

^^redz you need a life other then playing on the computer.

they came on xg350's for just a few years like 02-04?? im not sure but they are pretty nasty for a OEM wheel. and like SOCK's said drilling is perminate and more work then epoxy.

REDZ can drill holes in your car because he allready f***ed his car up and if i were him i would care about driling holes in it either. but my car HAS NOT been in any crazy wreck and i'm not drilling any holes in my car.

whats really amusing is how much time and effort you have put into talkin about some stupid ass tabs. get a job or a life or something other then tabs to consume your time/effort/enery....
Old 06-01-2008, 01:44 PM

I have no life? I do plenty, I've barely been on here of late. I'll let you know when you can tell me what to do, sound good?

Drilling is PERMANENT, learn to spell.

My car is FAR from f***ed up, what you said makes no sense at all. If you were me you WOULD care about drilling holes in it either?

Are you just stupid?

My car hasn't been in any crazy wreck, my truck was, and my car was on a trailer during it and the front license plate was damaged in it along with the bumper getting scraped up, but other than that, it's fine. Far from a "crazy wreck". What does my car having some scrapes on the front end have to do with this thread? Stay on topic.

No one said you had to drill holes, it's just funny that you got so uptight because I called you out for being lazy and taking a usual cheap way out. I spent no effort talking about tabs, I mentioned them one time in here.

Why don't you go fix your ugly ass exhaust?

Warned for off topic posting. Cut out the personal attacks or I'll warn your ass for that too.

Maybe you should stop wasting your "enery" here too.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Banned

ROFL haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif lmao.gif lmao.gif lmao.gif
Old 06-01-2008, 10:35 PM

oh dude i got "burned" lmao.gif

get over yourself REDZ...
Old 06-01-2008, 10:51 PM

Been over for a long time.

BTW, how hard was it to do the spoiler without having one before? Could you figure out where to drill the mount holes or no?

You didn't epoxy THAT on, did ya?