External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Different Headlights

Old 01-03-2011, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Different Headlights

Hey guys,

I know there has to be a forum in here somewhere for this question, but I cant search for it. However, here is my question. Im not looking to spend money on HID's because I am to cheap with my tib (going to be selling it in a year). Just wanted to get some new cheap lights and I saw some at pep boys for $29.99. I think they were silverstar, but I forgot to right down the info on them. I was wondering what model # I should get because they didnt have a book at the store. Also I was looking online and some websites say I need low and high beam balbs. I am confused for such a easy task :-/ I know these things burn out in 6 months or so, but I really dont drive it that much to care about that. I live in a decently rural area and my standard lights just aren't good enough. I hope someone can give me some info!

Thanks guys/girls!
Old 01-03-2011, 05:07 PM

Vehicle: 2001 tibby

rd1 tibs are 9006

rd2 tibs are h7
Old 01-03-2011, 05:13 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Also, you can get a set of cheap HID's for $30. They've already lasted twice as long as Silverstar Ultra bulbs were lasting for me.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:28 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX Turbo

My Lights are Eurodezign lights look it up on Ebay they're $20.00 a pair it says that its blue but its not, its super bright white lights still working great and they have life time warranty. One of the bulb was bad when I received it I shipped it back and they gave me a free high beam bulbs aswell awsome customer Service!
Old 01-03-2011, 09:27 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

Silverstars aren't all that much better than regular halogen bulbs. Floyd is right, HIDs can be had for the same price!
Old 01-03-2011, 09:33 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

check out DDM Tuning for cheaper HIDs ($30ish?) or Diode Dynamics if you want a good warranty and customer service ($80)

Mine are from Diode Dynamics. Paul J McCain is a member here, he runs Diode Dynamics.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:44 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon

Well here is also a problem for me. I live in PA and I am almost possitive that HID are illegal(that is in stock headlight housing, which I have). Another reason for knock off that are legal I guess....
Old 01-03-2011, 11:35 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

It's probably technically illegal in every state, but I've never heard of anyone getting a ticket for HIDs. Just get 6000k or 8000k bulbs and you'll be fine. Cops aren't going to know whether your 12 year old Tiburon came with HIDs or not, and even if you're really running HIDs.

Or just get the SilverStars if you don't want to get the HIDs everyone suggested.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:39 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

As long as you dont get the super blue or purple (8000K, 100K, or higher), than theres a 99.999999% chance you will NOT get pulled over for them. Stick with 4500K or 6000K HID's (they give off pure white light) and you'll be fine. I bought my HID kit for $28, and its the best mod you can do to your car. You'll be a million times happier if you get HID's instead of a regular halogen bulbs. And 99% of the HID kits out there are just plug and play. It took me 10 minutes each side to install my kit. Trust us all, when we say dont go with halogen bulbs...go with HIDs.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

definately go with HIDs.. so cheap and so much more light. in the projector housings of the tib, it wont blind people, and if you stick with WHITE or very slight blue-white HIDs no one will ever notice nor would you probably ever get hassled for them.

HID kits these days are SUPER easy to install. I just did fogs and hi/los in my Jeep and it took me 40 minutes. I had to remove the headlights and the front grill and install a harness that you wont have to install.

DDM HIDs are the way to go, hands down in my opinion. I ordered mine on a tuesday afternoon and had them at my door on a friday morning. I had DDM HIDS in my Srt-4 for about 8 months without issues. My brother has been running DDM HIDs in his Grand Prix for over 2 years now without any issues.

DDM has the Apexcone standard sized ballasts right now for 30$+ shipping. thats about as cheap as a set of silverstars that are hardly brighter than stock and just about as easy to install.

Apexcone DDM HIDs

I would still recommend going with the other DDM slim HIDs as they are only 10$ more, and fully digital in/out where as the apexcone are analog in/digital out and have thicker ballasts.

DDM slim HIDS

I had silverstars in my tiburon for a while, they were a bit better than stock, but nothing compared to HIDS. specially when they cost pretty much the same.

Go with 4500k (white) or 6000k (very slight blue) if you want to assure you wont ever get hassled (even though you probably wouldnt anyway.