External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

CarbonFiber Hoods 2nd gen

Old 12-01-2003, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

01importshark,,, that would be great if you could tell us how that hood fits, I for one really like that hood, but I don't know anyone with the c/f one.
Old 12-01-2003, 10:16 AM

I understand about the winters. When you get it could you also let us know how long it took to get the hood, from the time you ordered it. That would be awesome, Thanks.
Old 12-01-2003, 02:14 PM

I was just on Ebay lookin up Tibby stuff, and found this car:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2445344749

looks like an erebuni reverse vented hood, I am not too fond of the fitment on the front of it. 01importshark, perhaps your hood will be a better fit, I know that 2 of my freinds that got c/f hoods for their elantras, all the hoods were a different fitment so we will have to see.
Old 12-01-2003, 04:56 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

yeah SR doesn't sell their hood anymore :-( I wouldn't buy anything from VIS, simply because they sell fake Veilside kits and I can't imagine how much of their crap is rip off molds.
Old 12-03-2003, 11:15 AM

Default Cat

once you get your hood I would do a quick test fit just to manke sure it fits. After having tried 2 different carbon hoods and both having really bad fitment I have given up on carbon fiber hoods for the tib......seems that all the hoods i have had and have seen dont fit around our headlights.....also the fatser you find a problem the easier it will be to get a refund....even if you have to go through your credit card company to get it done...like I had to do with my sharkracing hood. Also in your case i would want to do a quick test because i have heard mixed reviews regarding body kits fitting corectly from ebruini so i am curious to see how there hoods line up.
Old 12-03-2003, 04:12 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

yeah, erebuni is a large company, but they seem to copy a lot of their kits :-/
Old 12-03-2003, 04:58 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

i just received my vis invader hood for my 01 tib...only opened the box long enough to look at it and make sure it wasn't broken...looked damn good tho from what i seen...i'll be installing it soon but theres a big snow storm on the way this weekend so its gonna have to wait