External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Bodykit Insurance Coverage

Old 02-03-2005, 10:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bodykit Insurance Coverage

Im putting the Veilside kit on my tib in about 2 weeks (yes the official veilside directly from a veliside dealer) . My main concern is getting in an accident... if supposibly someone was to hit me, or i was to hit them, would the an insurance company just want to slap on stock replacement parts ... such as the bumber or side skirts... basically whatever was damaged. I dont want to spend a good $2,000 or more for a installation and a good paint job if i have so much to risk. Would an insurance company cover a bodykit? Im sure this topic has come up before, but im new to the site. smile.gif
Old 02-03-2005, 10:59 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

why don't you just call and ask them?
you're probably not going to get the best replies here...we don't have your insurance company, or car. i am sure they will if you pay enough (or whatever..) just call and ask man, we can't really help you.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:00 PM

im just asking if anyone has ever run into a situation like this?
Old 02-03-2005, 11:03 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai tiburon

You have to have a said value policy..and it cost you a bit more. I'm going to be doing this with my upcomeing Kandy paint job. If someone hits me they will have to give me x amount of dollars that the policy is worth.

I would just insure the car for an extra 2gs and call it good. That will cover your kit costs at least.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:09 PM

Well, I know that my insurance covers both my roofrack (about $800 in that) and anything I'm transporting on it, and I'm paying a few bucks extra per month for that coverage. That's a bit different though. Knowing insurance companies, if you wanted to be covered for the bodykit, they probably have some method of coverage that will result in a higher monthly premium.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:02 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

For a while I had insurance with Progressive. You can go on their website and put in all of your information and get a quote for free. You then have the choice to accept the quote or just stay with who you have now. With Progressive, I was able to insure $3,000 in aftermarket parts and I think it was only $60 more per year (may have gone up since then). This was about 2 years ago. But if you're getting a body kit through an authorized dealer, and your body kit breaks or anything, I'm pretty sure Veilside is offering a reimbursement program for a high percentage off your replacement.
VeilSide is introducing a Life Time Product Replacement Warranty of all fiberglass, urethane, and carbon fiber material products. In any event that your product is damaged in an accident, we will make sale to you, a replacement product at half off of the MSRP! You must register your purchased products to qualify for the warranty. Please contact VeilSide USA, by email or call us directly. April 19th, 2004

if you're worried about it, don't be. Get a nice paint job... and if you get a real kit, do what I did and put it on yourself! Saves a lot of money. Took me about 12 hours (I did it in 2 days). Most of the time was spent removing the rear bumper... I had been in a previous accident and they put the new rear bumper on with TONS of pop rivets and brackets. Anyways, yeah... put it on yourself. And another suggestion... when you bolt up the front bumper, make sure you always keep the proper wrenches in your car to REMOVE the front bumper if necessary... if you ever have to have your Tib towed, make sure it's a flat bed tow truck, and make sure you take the front bumper off before having it towed!!! I've had my car towed 3 times, and took the bumper off EVERY time. It won't work with it on, trust me.
Old 02-05-2005, 08:05 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

You can get the work done and appraise your car. Your just asking for a higher price once they see it but if you do they can cover everything on it. Long as you can prove it's worth in what you paid.
Old 02-05-2005, 08:41 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

I asked my agent. I don't have a whole lot in it right now, but I asked if my car was broken into or damaged in a wreck, would my 'extra' stuff be covered. I asked if there was like a buy-up plan or something so I could BE SURE it would all be covered. She said as long as I had pictures and receipts of everything, it would all be covered. I still have full coverage insurance as well, even though the car is paid off.
Old 02-05-2005, 10:08 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I've got Geico right now, and they added my system and other things to my policy, about $2500 of stuff to include my rims, and didn't change the price of my policy. I just have to call in and let them know when new stuff is on my car so it's added. BIG EXPENSIVE items they want to have checked by a local Geico of course.