External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Altezza tails are made for first generation IT'S TRUE!!!!!!!

Old 05-09-2001, 02:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jaws, were not denying that that guy said that or had those pictures...but the owner of APC himself said that if they ever come out, it will be a while. Who knows, something drastic might come up where its made available a lot sooner, but the chances of that are very slim. The 2K tails werent available for 4-5 months after they were approved and had their product numbers released. The other tails for the 2k still arent out, and those were approved, and went into the catalogs 4-5 months ago too. But dont worry everyone, if and when these lights do come out, Shark Racing plans to be the first in the country to deliver them, just like with the Y2k lights!
Old 05-09-2001, 04:21 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

It seems like APC is the only company out there that makes either Clear Lenses or Altezza's.

Do they have the strict rights only on making these or are there other companies doing it to?

If so, why can't we just try and get in touch with the other companies?
Old 05-09-2001, 04:41 AM

I hear ya. And the guy at carlisle said the same eventhough they are just waiting for approval he even think it won't be till the end of the summer. He also said that the light will be avalible in the 3 colors original, carbon fibre look and blue tinted by this he was meaning the outside lense but I guess only time will tell since I have yet to find a salesman that doesn't lie. Oh they also said they would have a cold air intake done and out for sale by the end of may I guess we will have to see on that to.
Old 05-09-2001, 04:54 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by Jaws99:
Oh they also said they would have a cold air intake done and out for sale by the end of may I guess we will have to see on that to.

I wouldn't believe that. I called APC a little bit ago and they don't plan making CAI's until the end of the year. So, who knows?
Old 05-09-2001, 05:07 AM

See like I said with APC it's wait untill you see, I think their company is a little a**backwards. Like their gauges when I got them for the tib the instructions said these will just fit over the old ones YEAH RIGHT I had to take the old ones of cut the functional pies out (turn signals etc..) and glue them on to their respected holes just to get the needles to work.
Old 05-09-2001, 05:09 AM

whoa bad spelling I mean take the old ones off and cut the peices out. Time to go back to school.
Old 05-09-2001, 05:24 AM
Administrator

Jaws...dude that sucks! I'd call them up and start raging about it! How long did it take you to do your gauges? I just had the dealer do mine. Figured I'd let them go through all the hassle.
Old 05-09-2001, 05:36 AM

About 2 hours because of all the cutting and matching the the gauges to the lights. Idiots if I saw one of them their I would have killed them. Ya know I could have ragged them out at the show but completly forgot about but it would have got me nowhere fast except more aggrivated. So the hell with it.
Old 05-09-2001, 12:25 PM

ok...the dude with the Air bag suspension..we need to talk cuz I've been wanting to do that to my Tib and I can't find anyone in Colorado who will do it...where did you get it from..YO RIDE IS TIGHT!!!!
Old 05-09-2001, 12:58 PM

Jaws, the reason why the guages didnt fit right on your car is because you have a 1 gen, right? They were designed for the 2gen. Although, as you found out, with a little fooling around, you can get them to work on the 1gen. :-)