External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH... - Brand new update (PICS)

Old 03-13-2003, 10:43 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Are they spraying it strictly stock cobalt blue, or are they adding a little somethin-something in the clear coat for ya, to give it an added effect? wink
Old 03-13-2003, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Ex Hyundai Owner

Well from their opinion adding the blue to the clear as you suggested and spraying the car really won't make much difference they say, reason is cause the metallic used in this COBALT BLUE mixture is so fine, that if anything will just make the metallic bundle up even more... (again that's their opinion)...

They did explain to me how they are making the metallic stand out more, they say it depends on how it's sprayed, they are moving the guy a little I mean a little farther that way the metals will not be so bundled up and be more spread out... I sorta understood what they meant when they showed me a piece of the car and their sample, big difference... anyways to tell you the truth, I'm happy that the car is being repainted, just cause it's fresher paint and no matter what will give the car a NEW look and more metallic look... I can't wait...

as far as the hood and spoiler, yep they're gonna get that blue treatment we spoke about, I hope it turns out as I expect... smile.gif cause that will look awesome...

and to end, the new fiberglass amp enclosure is complete and will be painted today, I can't wait to see that... I don't know if to post pics or not... oh what the hell I'll post them... smile.gif but it won't be the same as how it will look with all the pieces in and connected... smile.gif

P.S. one thing I did request, as I explained before, I don't want the sideskirts molded in, but Edwin gave me the idea to atleast have the crease on top of the sideskirt closed, so there's only one seam and not too... not sure if you understand what i mean, but if you look at this picture look in between the VITEK sticker and the sideskirt... that line will be gone...

also I have one more question for you guys... How many of you like my setup for the ROLL CALL (sponsors names)and yes they are a must...

[ March 14, 2003, 06:11 AM: Message edited by: Bat Lord ]
Old 03-13-2003, 11:22 PM
Administrator

Yuri...that's cool that they're not adding anything to the clear to give the paint job a unique color, but I am happy to hear that they are adding some blue to the clear when they spray the hood. It's basically the same effect as adding "Ghost Patterns" to your paint job. It consists of adding a light pearl color to your clear coat, and then spraying. The hood will still look carbon fiber, but like I had said in the earlier post...when the sun hits the hood at certain angles, you see streaks of shimmering blue all through out it. It's DEFINITLY a nice touch to any show car with CF products.

Now, as far as molding the seam, I definitly agree with that idea. Just hope you never decide to change side skirts where you'll have to remove the STOCK skirts. Otherwise, the shop will have to brak the molding on the stock seam, remove the stock skirt, and then add the new aftermarket skirt. Know what I mean?

As for the roll call, it's different then the usual rocker panel style roll call, or side skirt horizontal list roll call. You have the right idea by using a dark silver color for the roll call. I've always hated the way cars look who have a contrasting color or some super bright day glow of a color for their roll call. It's not very smooth and color flowing with the rest of the car when people do that.

Anyway, good luck with it.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:31 PM

kewl thanks man, and as far as changing the sideskirts don't worry... the car will not change ever again, this is it, then starting next year it will retire from show competition, and will only do the rounds but not compete... now that I think about it, might get newer rims and rear brakes too... smile.gif

As far as the roll call, see that's exactly what I thought and why I did it, everyone does it on the hood, or on the front fenders... but this to me was different...

this is how my son/daughter will get it whenever they're old enough to call it a classic... lol

[ March 14, 2003, 07:11 AM: Message edited by: Bat Lord ]
Old 03-14-2003, 09:57 AM

bat i found a pic of your car at nopi, kinda sick!
Old 03-14-2003, 01:15 PM

this is how my son/daughter will get it whenever they're old enough to call it a classic... lol
thats what I have been saying about mine smile.gif looks like a good plan
Old 03-15-2003, 05:57 AM

I know you guys will like this, I can't wait to see the finished product:

Go here and look at the new pics, and also, keep in mind the pics don't do it justice, and to see the BETTER PICTURES, click on them to Enlarge them...

CLICK HERE

and here's a small sample, remember what they looked like:

NOW LOOK AT THEM...

And also, I was gonna keep this a secret on the final look, but what the hell, it's still nothing until you see it complete in the car...

[ March 15, 2003, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: Bat Lord ]
Old 03-15-2003, 08:38 AM

Looking good Yuri.

I like the look of the CF stuff. It must be difficult to paint it and preserve the CF pattern. I heard that you spray up in the air and let it fall down on the parts.

The colour looks almost the same but better. smile.gif

It kind of hurts seeing it all prepped and not finished cause its not pretty seeing your car in that shape, but it'll look great once its finished.
Old 03-15-2003, 09:12 AM

thanks man, and about the shooting up in the air theory, that's wrong... the way to do it, is to put some of the coloring on the clear, and shooting it... smile.gif

but yea, I can't wait till it's all put back together
Old 03-15-2003, 11:22 AM
Administrator

Bat Lord:
the way to do it, is to put some of the coloring on the clear, and shooting it... smile.gif
You are learning young Jedi.....

lol