External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

2011 Sonata and HID's

Old 03-14-2011, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Finally! How we need pics.

Is it even possible to install the bulbs upside down? I don't think so. The thick grooves in H7 should only go into the thick slots with no other way around it.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:48 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

The "mounting" piece of the bulb at the base, that has the grooves that fit into the socket, actually came loose on mine and fell off into the housing. I got it out easily with a pair of pliers and snapped it back into place. I'm sure it was in a different position, but the beam looks great still. With projectors, the light illuminates within the housing and projects out through the form that it does. I don't know if having the bulb rotated or upside down would make a material difference.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:28 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Hyundai Sonata SE

It didn't ... I found out it was actually improper grounding that caused the lights to be dimmer than they should be. And yes, with enough force behind the spring clip it is possible to put the bulbs in upside down :paranoid:
Old 03-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

ah... a spring clip like my Tiburon had. My GC doesn't have one of those.