External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

2011 Elantra GLS Fog Light Kit

Old 04-09-2011, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Elantra
Default 2011 Elantra GLS Fog Light Kit

Greets. I just purchased a 2011 Elantra GLS. Fog lights are not a "factory option". Any suggestions for a fog light assembly kit would be appreciated. I see Shark Racing offers one, but I'm a little reluctant to purchase, given their mixed reviews.

Warm Regards

KarlT
Old 04-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Check out any of the vendors here. Import Shark may have an option for you, but being such a new model they may not have a supplier yet.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:51 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Elantra

Originally Posted by majik
Check out any of the vendors here. Import Shark may have an option for you, but being such a new model they may not have a supplier yet.

Thanks!! I ordered recieved a Walnut Dash Inlay kit from Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

A rear spoiler, (also Ebay): http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

I will post pics, once I get them installed. After putting 400 miles on the vehicle, I am averaging 37.5 mpg, combined. There is NOTHING, nonhybrid, that comes close in size, build quality and looks. I drove several other vehicles, the Chevy Cruze for one, which doesn't come close. With the Cruze, you have to carry a cell phone ... so you can call the guy you want to pass, and ask his permission.

Warm Regards

KarlT
Old 04-09-2011, 12:53 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

hahaha.... lol@cruze

Good to hear some real world feedback! eBay can be a safe place to buy stuff for the car, but make sure it's a 99%+ rating and read through their feedback. Most (if not all) eBay sellers don't know anything about Hyundai cars, especially a brand new model 2011 Elantra, so they may say it fits when it doesn't.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:29 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

That's a great looking wing there! As for fogs, you may want to wait a bit and see what becomes available for it. You could probably get a kit for the upper models through the dealership, but i'm sure the price would be painful!