Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

XD EXHAUST THREAD!

Old 09-04-2010, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS
Default XD EXHAUST THREAD!

WHAT IS THE BEST EXHAUST SETUP FOR A 2002 ELANTRA GLS? I HAVE A SYSTEM UPGRADE SHORT RAM INTAKE AND AN INJEN FILTER. DOES THE EF ESCAPE EXHAUST WORK WIITH THE SYSTEM UPGRADE SHORT RAM? SHOULD I BUY THE SYSTEM EXHAUST? WHAT HEADERS SHOULD I RUN? SHOULD I USE THE INJEN MUFFLER? SHOULD I CHANGE MY EXHAUST DIAMETER? SHOULD I SWAP THE CONVERTER? WHAT ABOUT A THROTTLE BODY? MY CAR IS NATURALLY ASPIRATED, I PLAN ON KEEPING IT LIKE THAT. DOES ANYONE HAVE DYNO RESULTS? I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A REASON TO BUY SOMETHING, SO IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING SUPPORTING YOUR OPINION, PLEASE POST IT! I AM ALSO LOOKING INTO CAM GEARS, AND IMPORTSHARK'S XD PERFORMANCE MOTOR KIT. MY GOAL IS TO BUILD MY CAR TO MAYBE AROUND 200WHP. IT IS A HIGH MILEAGE CAR AND A DAILY DRIVER, SO THAT'S WHY I WANT TO REBUILD IT. THANKS!
Old 09-04-2010, 05:47 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I'M NOT EVEN GOING TO READ THIS THREAD. IT YOU WANT TO BE TAKEN SERIOULY FOLLOW PROPER NETIQITE.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:09 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

IT"S CALLED RESEARCH. THERES NO MAGICAL ANSWER. SECONDLY, YOU"LL NEVER HIT 200WHP FROM THE MODS YOU JUST LISTED. YOU NEED EXTENSIVE MOTOR WORK. HIGH COMP PIST, STROKER, LOTS OF HEAD WORK INCLUDING PORTING, OVERSIZED VALVES, RET,SPRINGS, SO YOU CAN REV TO 9000RPM.

THAT SUCKED READING HUH?

/end retarded thread.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:13 PM

QUOTE (DTN @ Sep 4 2010, 07:47 PM)
I'M NOT EVEN GOING TO READ THIS THREAD. IT YOU WANT TO BE TAKEN SERIOULY FOLLOW PROPER NETIQITE.

NETIQITE? SORRY, I'M NOT A DORK. I'M A TUNER, AND I'M LOOKING FOR A GOOD SETUP FOR MY CAR!
Old 09-04-2010, 09:12 PM

Vehicle: 02/hyundai/accent

First of all dont post in ALL CAPS, its really annoying to read. and if you read anything tanc had to say you would know that your goal is nearly impossible. the whole thread started with an exhaust which is one of the easiest things to do and you turned it into a complete engine rebuild, you should get your head on straight and decide what you actually want. To reach 200whp n/a you would be spending close to 4 grand just in rebuilding your engine with custom pistons, reworked cams crankshafts a stroker kit, some porting of the head and a complete blueprint and balancing of the block. then safely tuning eveything to handle the high rpm's you would have to reach to make 200hp would be another 2grand for a stand alone cpu and tune
Old 09-05-2010, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

StRoKINg aN AlREAdY lOnGisH StrOKE ENgIne, REMebmER oUrS sTARtED oUT aS a 1.8.. PiSTOn SPEEds ArE gOiNG tO bE InsAIN at 9k RpM. DOnt BuY CHEap PARts... yikes.

or just go turbo instead of spending an idiotic amount on N/A parts to get 200, when even a cheapo turbo setup can reach that. Our motors like boost.... no likey the NA. I blame the head design and floyd.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:46 AM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

DO ha A favor AND delete THIS thread, I thought THIS was GOING to BE a GOOD read, THEN.... fail....

ANYWAY 200whp N/A= ONE sick BUILT motor AND turbo setup

IT will NOT be cost effective TO MAKE 200whp N/A WHEN you can MAKE IT boosted for WAY LESS!

I AM 100 percent custom turbo and BUILT and tuned FOR LIKE 8 grand AND daily DRIVEN!!!

Probably half of WHAT IT will COST you to MAKE 200WHP...

owe and FOR THAT 8 grand i am not onlY SPENDING less thAN YOU, but i am MAKING twice the HORSEPOWER!!!!

IF YOU WANT TO BE A REAL "TUNER" YOU WILL WANNA JOIN US IN THE REAL WORLD, AND JUMP OUT OF FAST AND THE FAST AND FURIOUS MODE, NEXT THING YOUR GOING TO BE TALKING ABOUT IS YOU 45 SHIFTS AND 10 MINUTE LONG QUATER MILE... ( ANYONE LIKE THE FIRST FAST AND FURIOUS.. LOVE THAT QUARTER MILE....)

anyway GOOD LUCK!!!!
Old 09-05-2010, 09:53 AM

I would like to thank everyone who gave me good advise, I didn't know that a BETA would be a good daily driver with a boosted setup. I'll consider a turbo, but I like natural aspiration and I wanted to go in that direction. However, you guys are the experts. To everyone who just posted to bumrush the new guy, don't forget there was a time when you were a novice too.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

N/a isn't horrible. The elantra I have sitting outside is a hell of alot more fun to drive with my bolt ons, just don't expect to hit your 200hp mark. Compare a 200whp NA beta to a 200hp turbo beta and for daily use the turbo still beats it.

I may have typed it like a tard, but the idea of stroking a beta and spinning it to 9k, yikes. The inertial load the engine will see compared to our honda friends is going to be insane. Honestly Id look at the 1.8 beta for N/a over the 2.0 for the purpose of spinning the poo out of it, however its going to be a peaky bastard and meh..
Old 09-05-2010, 12:52 PM

It's all good brother, you gave good advise. 200 is a pretty high number, it was more of a super rough estimate. I am considering the ImportShark rebuild kit.