Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

will your engine blow?

Old 04-21-2002, 11:27 PM
arn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will your engine blow?

I'm about to pick up my Zex kit today and just to cover the basis.

go 55 shot for begginers and stock fuel pump(65 maybe?)

shoot at 3000rpm or above.

questions.

can I arm the unit while on the go or do I have to arm it before the launch?
the reason being I don't want to shoot early with out msd window switch.

also, can I blow up my motor on just the 55 shots?

need any opinions on this subject please. I'm not using the nitrous regularly only as an alternate means of burning Honda's if needed.

thanks fellas(gals included)
Old 04-21-2002, 11:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

with nos, you can always blow your engine. but
its extremely safe if its properly installed.

You want to keep to a 55 shot with stock components. 65 is pushing it. you'd probably want to get a new fuel pump if you want to do 65 or 75, but I recommend the upgrading the basics before doing 65/75. intake and exhaust work.

You can arm it on the go or before, its up to you, but remember zex will only start spraying when you are at full throttle, so its safe to drive with it on if you don't slam the pedal all the time. But keep it off until your sure you want to race someone.

Do a couple searches, because there have been incidents where a hose or two have popped off of the zex management unit. And you might want to double fasten those biatches on wink oh, and remember to change your plugs.

You might want to wait and get some info from a couple NOS pro's like brendan or someone. (he's got a awesome site on NOS)