Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

What Is The Stock Internal Limit

Old 02-08-2006, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the stock internal limit for the beta 1 engine as far as horsepower goes??

How much power can the Auto Tranny hold?

I have searched for the answer couldnt find them, any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:49 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

around 230whp you will start running into issues with the stock compression.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:30 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

issues? Like issues as in knocking or issues as in "will you run back there for me and pick my piston up off the road?" lmao.gif
Old 02-08-2006, 01:54 PM

QUOTE (socerguy131 @ Feb 8 2006, 11:32 AM)
What is the stock internal limit for the beta 1 engine as far as horsepower goes??
How much power can the Auto Tranny hold?

The "limit" depends on how good the tuning is. With PERFECT tuning, 275WHP would be easily possible. However, "perfect" tuning is damn near impossible to do. I wouldn't reccomend more than 250 with stock internals. Nitrous, Supercharger, Turbocharger, doesn't matter. In reality, considering the horrible state of tune most shops do, I would say keep it under 230WHP, unless you KNOW what they (or you) are doing is quality work, and tuned right.

QUOTE (Supercow @ Feb 8 2006, 12:30 PM)
issues? Like issues as in knocking or issues as in "will you run back there for me and pick my piston up off the road?"

The biggest issue with a major power beta depends on HOW you make the power. With Nitrous/Forced Induction, knock/detonation is your biggest problem. That means "run back and get my piston" kinda problem. If you're just talking N/A mods and mild boost/mild nitrous, then the problem becomes heat. The stock Rad/cooling sytem just can't put up with extended high power runs. After 10 minutes of high power running or racetrack (not dragstrip) time...a modified engine will overheat and start to knock/detonate, or blow a seal/gasket. You'd be fine for an auto cross run, or drag strip night, but at a racetrack (or highly illegal extended high speed freeway romp), you'll run into heat issues with anything over about 220 WHP.