Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

What Do You Think Of The Atp Turbo Exhaust Solution?

Old 01-22-2007, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: tiburon 1998

http://www.atpturbo.com/root/releases/release091004.htm

Sounds rather good. please go in, read, check out the movie.... and share if you've heard good or bad things about it...

For now it seems like a perfect solution for a turbo, instead of getting a whole cat back exhaust system.
Practical too....

Well, the stage is yours!
Old 01-22-2007, 01:18 PM

i personally enjoy the sound of my exhaust, but then again i don't have a turbo so thats all i hear sad.gif
Old 01-22-2007, 04:22 PM
Banned

well.. the gains are compared to a stock exhaust system.. it seems like it would work but the only reason to get it would be if you are wanting your car to be quiet when not under boost.. i personally would rather have the 2.5" straight thru under axle exhaust i have.. yeah its kinda loud, but it sounds mean as hell, and i dont care about my neighbors waking up. lmao.gif

i dont think it sounds good at all.. and a T design isnt going to be super good for flow characteristics. a Y design would be better, and one of the systems that open one and close the other and a Y design would work ALOT better.

also, i dont wanna have another hookup for vacuum lines, or wastegates or anything else that could fail, .

the theory of it is simple, but i would never get it, but that my personal opinion.

heres why..
flow characteristics
i like the sound of mine
i dont have to hook anything else up
i dont have to get anything welded
i dont have to buy a boost controller for my exhaust to open.
catback would be cheaper than this valve.. valve=285$ catback, under axle, with cheap muffler and resonator would be like 250$
Old 01-22-2007, 04:28 PM

it looks interesting, but I wouldn't buy it because

1. I don't want to spend money anymore for a few HP gain (I got enough now w/o it LOL laugh.gif )

2. I don't want to spend a few or more hours under the car at this time of the year (COLD!!!! mad.gif )

3. I am lazy~! LOL tongue.gif
Old 01-22-2007, 05:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Think of it as a throttle body in your exhaust lol.

It is a viable option for people in areas where they can't have loud cars. The sound would be odd under boost IMO on some/most cars cause of it not going through a muffler. Think of what an exhaust leak sounds like almost.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:08 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I worked with a guy who built up a lot of muscle cars back in the 60's and 70's, and this is actually fairly similar to something they used to do: splitting the exhaust pipe in the engine bay and running a line straight out the side of the car. When they wanted to have more HP at the expense of volume, they'd uncap the extra exhaust line and eliminate a lot of backpressure.

That is expensive though.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:12 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^yeah this is just a super expensive automatic version.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...mp;autoview=sku - 50 and there is an electric version for 150