Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Vibrating Clutch Pedal

Old 05-31-2007, 10:43 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I changed out my clutch for a new Valeo. I got the sucker off after alot of work. Then, my buddy pulls off the old pressure plate, throw out bearing and clutch, then puts on the new clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing....So 45 minutes later with a 4 ft. long prybar, giant screw driver, pair of plyers and alot of effort, we popped the TOB back off and assembled the whole bell housing the right way.

Another issue was I accidentally removed all the bolts for the differential housing instead of the bell housing at first. When I opend up the cover 1/2 inch and looked inside, I saw a bunch of gears and immediately put it all back together.

Last weekend I was engauged in some "spirited driving". I noticed my clutch pedal was vibrating afterwards. I really hope it's just a damaged finger spline spring on the pressure plate because I am not very familiar with the things inside a transmission.

I placed a used flywheel and valeo clutch kit on order for $150. My plan is to get the flywheel resurfaced and have the whole thing ready to rock for a new feeling car when I get this sucker in and hopefully this will cure the problem.