Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

V6 Injen Intake Install

Old 04-17-2003, 12:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V6 Injen Intake Install

Hey guys, anyone else out there install the Injen Intake for the V6 GK Tib? I did it yesterday and found some minor issues that maybe someone else may have had, that is if anyone has a V6 GK w/ Injen intake.

1st thing was that the 2 silicon couplings for the MAF sensor BARELY fit. It was a major squeeze as i spent about 10-15 min just trying to pry those couplings on.

2nd thing is that when everthing was put together, the first pipe (between TB and MAF) doesn't really line up with everthing...the pipe leads up a little and is out of alignement but i can't correct this as everything is as close together as possible.

Has anyone else have problems? I'll try to take some pics so you guys can see what i'm talking about. Overall, i love this intake. I didn't have to cut anything, bend anything (unlike the AEM intake where you need to either cut or bend the resonator hole larger for the pipe to fit through) and it's a 16.5 hp gain!!! Besides, it SOUNDS AWESOME!!! And you can't even tell it's there when you drive around casually which is nice. You also get a nice whistle sound when you let off the gas from the TB. Sounds EXACTLY like a mild BOV, no kidding, and i'm not talking about the sound of "air filling the pipe"...thats when you open the TB but this interesting whistle is when the TB closes. Pretty neat stuff.
Old 04-17-2003, 12:52 AM

Where do you get a 16.5 hp gain from? Did you do a before and after dyno?
Old 04-17-2003, 04:45 AM

This is a baseline dyno and also with the Injen intake...

Old 04-17-2003, 11:29 PM

Dang it makes more than the AEM. Which I think people were saying 14hp gain.HHmmm
Old 04-18-2003, 08:19 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

See, I always heard the Injen didn't do very much because all of the hard bends in it.

Is it really that good?

For the price, I hope so.

EDIT: NM, I just read that this is for the V6. Heh heh...

[ April 18, 2003, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: REDZMAN ]