Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

urgent! inline fuel pump

Old 08-17-2002, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default urgent! inline fuel pump

i am getting a zex inline fuel pump installed on monday they recomend having a return fuel line for the system. i was wonderng i you guys could tell me if a 2001 kia optima has a return fuel line. and if not will it sill be safe to install the fuel pump without damage to engine or whatever.
Old 08-18-2002, 02:06 AM

well if you DON'T have a return fuel system then you can be putting alot of pressure on your fuel system. and can cause damage.

open up your hood and take a look at your fuel line(the one with the injectors on it) and see if it has a fuel line coming from and to it. if you only see one fuel line or hose connected to it, then you have a returnless fuel system, but if you have two you have a return fuel system and your inline pump will work.
Old 08-18-2002, 02:32 AM

well i to a look and i see two metal tubes hooked to the injuctors, but not real sure
Old 08-18-2002, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

If you have one line going into the fuel rail, and another coming out of the others side, then you have a "normal" return fuel injection system.

If there is only a line running IN to the fuel pump, and no fuel line running out, then you have a RETURNLESS fuel injection system.

Don't confuse a fuel return line with a vacuum line, make sure the hose is over 3/8" outter diameter if rubber, or over 1/4" if metal.