Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

UK cold air intake question

Old 04-28-2003, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UK cold air intake question

Ok, have done the searches and know all about the 97tiburon Revision A's with the vap canister where the aem and kore intakes sit.

My car is a late 98 coupe in the UK but it appears my vap canister is in the same place as the revision A's - must be the way it is on the UK cars....anyhow most people go with induction kits in the UK but i want to go with the CAI, i have the KORE one but am unsure what to do about the VAP canister......ive seen pictures of the VAP canisters on the USA tiburons and its NOT the same - mine is smaller and more cylindrical - im thinking there might be enough room to squeeze the 3' pipe past it and fit the filter.....

alternatively i might try and move it across a few inches as there seems to be some free space further towards the front bumper....

anybody any thoughts on this....random ?!
Old 04-29-2003, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

There is plenty of room in the fenderwell to move the US Canister to, the biggest PITA is the wiring and hosing.

You should be able to move/relocate your canister as well. On spot to consider is the area behind the battery where the stock airbox used to be. It might be an "ugly" fix, but it is a fix.
Old 04-29-2003, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea its worth having a go at, even just for the novelty value over here....

anyhow will be trying this as soon as it stops raining...never thought to check for a vap canister, just assumed it would work the same as the tibs---seemingly not!