Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Tuning Haltech E6k.

Old 03-17-2010, 05:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra

Went to the dyno last night get to know the Haltech E6K a bit more. It was alot more intimidating than I thought it would of been. After getting a baseline run the car was running very lean above 3,000rpm at 14.5AFR and only made 115whp. I started to add some more fuel and got it around to 13-13.5 above 3,500rpm and have a slight bobble still at 4,250rpm. The car did however pick up almost another 15whp from me adding some more fuel. I did not get a chance to play with the timing yet, but will be going back in another two weeks for another hour of dyno time.

The standalone is quite nice, being able to see realtime stats on the engine and tune on the fly really do make this a totally different experience from what I've known previously on the SMT6. I'm looking forward to starting to play around with timing and really see what the motor can do.

Keep in mind the motor does have 9.5:1 compression, ported and polished head, stock intake manifold, HVE 4-1 header and my exhaust. I didn't get the dynosheets, but will be today. Car made 128whp/129torque, not impressive numbers, but its a good start!
Old 03-17-2010, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

To restate for my understanding: the motor Red built for a turbo with LOW compression, headwork, and exhaust + good fuel got those numbers? Spiffy.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:40 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Keep it up. From what ive read, our Betas are quite responsive to added timing
Old 03-17-2010, 12:59 PM

Welcome to the world of standalones!! I remember back when I was running a Perfect Power PRS-2 how much fun that was to tune lol. NOT!! At least your N/A right now so the risk of grenading your engine is very small compared to tuning on a boosted setup. smile.gif
Old 03-17-2010, 03:38 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

I was green to tuning,then I bought a car with e6x,I'm still green lol, Good thing I have agood tuner with a dyno teaching me the the ins and outs, I have a 50% hearing loss,and with no knock sensor on the e6x, I need "Knock listeners" while dynoing lol, ..because its real time,We usually print off each run so we can pull /add feul at the right rpms,cause it dosent log each pull,hard to rember the rich or lean areas...But like I said,I'm still learning how to tune, so thats why I don't post much about the tuning,I'll leave this to guys who know what theyre talking about lol..