Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Transmission Work...

Old 12-30-2005, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon FX

I am trying to work on the nuts to the gearing on the transmission but i dont know how to get into the transmission like many have brought up in my previous topic. I have the car up on the pass side with the wheel off and the well and splash shields off but no clue where to go from there. Can someone describe to me in greater detail what to do or where i can look to get an answer to my dilema?
Old 12-30-2005, 04:50 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Why do you have the passenger side up when the tranny is on the driver's side LOL?

If your referring to the DSM DIY I posted, I mentioned that the tranny for DSMs are on the passenger side, whereas on our cars they are on the driver side.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:52 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon FX

well thats a start. keep the info coming while i switch it up. imma throw the wheel back on n jack up the other side. i was confused on why it said passenger side, im not that retarded to not know my tranny is on the driverside. trannys only i havent touched since i got the car.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:57 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

LOL Ok. lmao.gif

Yea, I imagine it would be kind of difficult to work on the tranny through the belts and bottom end of the motor.