Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Which One Do I Get?

Old 01-01-2006, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had my 01 tiburon for a month now and when i got it i knew the clutch was about to go out and it finally did. I don't want to put another stock clutch in it, so what should i get? Any ideas?
Old 01-01-2006, 02:08 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

VHR, very nice clutches.
Old 01-01-2006, 02:25 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

A member here, "Airborne", is putting together a Group Buy for the VHR clutch and flywheel. VERY cheap compared to retail priced for the whole clutch kit and lightened flywheel.

HE lives like 5 minutes from the manufacturer in Korea. I'd suggest getting in on it, we need more people...
Old 01-01-2006, 02:37 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

if that one is too expensive

get a ACT clutch like i have i love it!!!(that is when i can acutally drive my car...)

prostreetonline has them for a great price and if you put ACT10D for the coupon code you get 10%off!!!
Old 01-01-2006, 05:41 PM

i know nothing about this so if this is a stupid question let me know..... but what is the difference between say vhr and act cluthes and a stock clutch?
Old 01-01-2006, 05:49 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

well do you ever plan on boosting your car?

if you think youll never add lots of hp go with a stock clutch
Old 01-01-2006, 06:27 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

not to steal the thread or anything... but I will be turboing my car in about a month and have been looking at some cheaper clutch options...

I probably will never have much more than 200whp, if even that much, so I dont need something all that drastic. I found three that peaked my interest:

Stage 1

how do you think this^^ would hold the power and does it look decent?

otherwise I found these which look almost identical. My tib is my daily car though, and stage 3's in snow arent so fun... But if the quality is that much better than the above clutch, I may still get one

first Stage 3

second Stage 3

Let me know what you think as the info could be valuable to 01SilverShark as well
Old 01-01-2006, 06:48 PM

i plan on adding hp in the future but its shurely not the near future, maybe a cai and exhaust within the next 6 months.... i priced a stock clutch kit for about $140 from a place here in town. my dad said that a racing clutch (what i wanted for christmas) will perform alot better while it works but goes out quicker than stock. Is this true? or can i correct the old man b/c he is always right sad.gif

what about the stage 1 clutch that TibMinn found on ebay. It's only $30 more than the stock one, would that be a good choice?
Old 01-01-2006, 06:55 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I really don't think they wear any faster, some may correct me if I'm wrong. Personally, I think they wear faster just because if someone is putting in a stronger clutch, that clutch sees higher RPMs and more power daily than everyday people using stock clutches. Some aftermarket clutches that people tend to buy are also not engineered correctly so they tend to go out as well. So that entire thing came about from that. Its kind of a hard thing to test though. Just my opinion.

Stock clutch with N\A boltons will be fine though. Look into a stronger clutch if you plan on Nitrous \ Turbocharging.
Old 01-01-2006, 07:27 PM

QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Jan 1 2006, 09:08 PM)
VHR, very nice clutches.

Yep, I agree with that whole heartedly. I got that clutch with their forged flywheel when mine died and what a difference!! It'll some adusting to learn to drive with it, but definately worth it.