Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Transmission Wont Come Off! Help

Old 11-01-2006, 07:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

jon the flywheel in that pic with the 2 bolts missing is his new flywheel....but yeah were are the bolts socks?
Old 11-01-2006, 07:41 AM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

^ um i think he is buying new ones. those were some of his old ones and were just temp installed for the pic.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:22 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (tibby01 @ Nov 1 2006, 04:56 AM)
yeah so which clutch was this?

Word.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:39 AM
Banned

it was weird cuz this was the stage IV clutchmasters clutch i got from jaws.. i know i didnt have anough power to really warrant it, but it wasnt bad to drive on.

the other bolts are still around, i just didnt have em on in the pic.

didnt wanna waste my $$$ on a fidanza, i could buy two chromoly ones for the price of one fidanza. and im strapped for $$ right now, but i didnt wanna bother refacing my stocker again when i could throw in the lighter one.

what you mean loneshark? the disc had PLENTY of contact surface left on it, just exploded, lol

heres the THING, not one of my PP bolts were even loose, and NO flywheel bolts were loose.. nothing was unbolted, or broken, except the clutch..

the reason i had the 4 puc, was because i got it for a good deal, and had higher hp plans that i was able to afford at the time...

heres one of the problems i think i had.. my stupid Fvcking mechanic used my STOCK PP, and TOB, instead of the HD clutchmasters one, because he snapped the lil clip that holds the TOB in when he was trying to pop out the TOB from the clutchmasters clutch..
Old 11-01-2006, 11:03 AM

im amazed...

I never heard of a clutchmaster being blow that much...

When i blew mine, it was just the clip holding the pressure plate together. The clutch disk was still intact, in its location.

Dam... either its the curse of Jaws021 or clutchmasters really does f***en suck.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:13 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

that the first time i have ever seen that. when you said it would not come off the first thing that came to mind was the that peace of clutch sticking out the bellhouseing. good to see that you got it off homie
Old 11-01-2006, 02:24 PM
Banned

woohoo, the lowest hp tib, blew up a clutch like WHOA.. lol..

i blame you jaws, its ur damn curse.. fvcker.. lol lmao.gif jk.

its just soo weird how it blew up.. the flywheel and the PP were in damn good condition.. no gouges, broken, or loose bolts, and the puc flies the hell off.. lol
Old 11-02-2006, 06:37 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

QUOTE (SOCKS @ Nov 1 2006, 10:39 AM)
heres one of the problems i think i had.. my stupid Fvcking mechanic used my STOCK PP, and TOB, instead of the HD clutchmasters one, because he snapped the lil clip that holds the TOB in when he was trying to pop out the TOB from the clutchmasters clutch..

Then I agree with you that your mechanic is pretty fvcking stupid. Did you know that those snap rings can be purchased for $3 from the dealer? I believe most autoparts stores can get them also. They should be replaced everytime you take out the TOB as a precaution. I bought one a few weeks ago because the original one had worn down from taking it apart so many times.
I would go buy a 6 puck disk from CM and reuse the PP that you got with a new snap ring.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:22 AM

Time to whore about fidanza flywheels... I paid $93 shipped, brand new. In the box, never opened. for my fidanza. It was for a second gen so I had a machine shop bore the crank opening to 41mm. Search your ass off for deals and you will get them. I wouldnt buy anything other than a fidanza, its a great quality product and worth the extra money no matter where you look... Its 7.5 pounds man..

Heres a pic from exactly a year ago, showing my fidanza love.... Drunk at xxxmonoxidechilds house.

Plus when you order a new friction surface, they send you 2.. And go with a southbend dxd clutch next time (if youve already bought one) I know too many satisfied people and have seen the abuse, the longevity, and the GRAB! Most of which on turbo first gen mx6's and probe gts. If you need another vouch on them ask xxxmonoxidechild. BTW my trans is blown right now and im buying one from faith.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:38 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

^^^ lmao.gif @ pic