Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

tranny swap, What do you recommend?

Old 02-27-2005, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

holy s**t hamhead. 10.5 stoke? how the h*ll did you pull that off? they run like 8.4 0-60 stoke and 1/4 in about 16.5. you had to of had some dang good tires on.

i think you would drop some time changing to a manual but like hamhead, dont think that much. and hopefuly you can find a cheaper place than what you said. thats a little ridicules. good luck on this project though.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:38 PM

But still, does 10 seconds sound right?! That's so slow, and I'm with sharkev. I think a tranny swap would take off a second at least. Im running a 10 second 0-60mph and I'm not even fully stock. But a manual tiburon runs a 8.4, so there has to be a big difference. Any other people with autos that know their 0-60?
Old 02-28-2005, 05:59 AM

yeah, thats what I want to shave off, but i dont know, you guys could tell me, I run like 12 in 0-60 in level sea, but i don tknow if I took the time right.

i really want to run with a stock manual tiburon just to have a refference, but here its very hard to find owner´s tiburon that likes to run........... lol

so hopefully i will try with somebody, but any advice or thought!?

thanks