Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Tranny Question

Old 05-28-2006, 01:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01/Hyundai/Tiburon

ok well i just replaced my tranny..put new clutch kit and flywheel on. Now when i take off in 1st and in reverse....i dont know it like studders real bad i guess you could say. Like you know how when you take off you give little gas little clutch, but when i try and do that all i get is like alot of studder and shaking coming from the car....why is this and what can i do to fix it

could it be tranny fluid or my engine mounts? i dont have a clue just the only things i can think of that would possibly do that cause i torqued everything down to specs, aligned everything up....i dont know someone please help lol

thanks
Old 05-28-2006, 04:54 AM

new clutch.. let it break in some. Did you use OEM or something stronger?
Old 05-28-2006, 08:19 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

it should be new clutch

drive easy first time so that it break in ok.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:36 AM

QUOTE (Mad-Machine @ May 28 2006, 06:54 AM)
Did you use OEM or something stronger?

i used a stronger one
Old 05-28-2006, 09:39 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Stronger clutches are harder to drive, also some stronger clutches make noise.

I could train a pet monkey to drive the stock clutch, the Tib has an easy gearbox and clutch to use.
Old 05-28-2006, 11:51 PM

^^^^ tell me about it. I was so embarrissed the first time I tried to move my new fiat.. I stalled the poor thing half a dozen times before I got her rolling.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:06 AM

why would i be feeling a constant shake coming from the car now im not feeling it in the steering wheel but like in the gas pedel and clutch and the whole car really.....cant really noticably feel it till your cruisin about 40mph and up.
now im by no means an expert on drivetrain at all but could it be the axles...do they have to be balanced....would there have been a way i might have messed them up or something cause i didnt feel it till after i did this install
Old 05-29-2006, 04:20 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I think you're on to something Tblakea04. Check your work and make sure that everything your put back on the car is the way it's supposed to be. I would generally check the suspension components that you took loose/off in order to get the trans off. I never had a "performance" clutch installed on my car, but from what i've heard about them it "seems" like the only shutter or noise that you get is during the initial launch of the vehicle, but if it takes till 40MPH that seems odd.

You could try to press in the clutch so that the trans is not engaged, and roll down a hill to see if you still experience what you've been explaining. that would help you in your diagnosis.

Good Luck, and keep us updated.