Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

tranny identification

Old 11-06-2004, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Exhaust?

when i did my tranny swap, i thought i got a 98 elantra tranny. my speedo plug (3 pin) plugged right in and worked for well over 2 years. apparently, one of the pins snapped on the speedo sensor on the tranny. i bought a sensor for a 2k tib...thinking they were the same. they're not. the old sensor's part number tag has been worn off. can anyone help me figure out which tranny this sensor came from, or direct me to any casting marks on the tranny case to help me? thanks. as you can see, the unknown sensor has a hole for the driven gear (or something), whereas the 2k tib sensor has something with a key/notch on it to line up with a hole in the tranny. i have a 2k tib.

[/img]
Old 11-06-2004, 09:19 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: Get a free Ipod!!!

hum.. that blue one looks like the one on my 2001 tib, I'll check it out later. laugh.gif
Old 11-06-2004, 11:03 PM

Default Cool radiohead flash - Creep

suweet! smile.gif
Old 11-16-2004, 12:10 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe
Default Re: Tiburon part out

it will fit,
simply remove the old "pin" in your tranny
on the new sensors the pin stay attached to the sensor it self
on the older one pin pin was loose
Old 11-16-2004, 05:48 AM

Default Re: rims help.. opinions

you da man! laugh.gif thanks bro. i'll try it tonight.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:02 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: Another Tibby in a Magazine

hey man, sorry it took so long, got your im.

anyways the blue one on the left is definently the same as the one on my 01 tib.
Old 11-17-2004, 06:41 AM

Default Re: Everyone with a header come in here !

ok, it works! but the weird thing is, it didn't at first. i'm wondering if it's because the new sensor has a marking that says "6-32V" and if that means 4 times per rev (every 90 degrees) when it sends voltage, it sends between 6-32 volts, whereas the old one was 0-11V (per webtech). i drove for about 10 minutes before it started working, so i thought maybe the ecu had to "learn" the new voltage...i thought it would work instantaneously. thanks for the help, guys.

EDIT:
ok, maybe it sorta works evil.gif i was driving, and the needle started swinging again! wtf? then it would work, then rest on zero, then work, then swing. ahh!!! messed up wiring?

when i took the old one off, i noticed one of the pins was missing. so when i went to plug the plug on the new sensor, it wouldn't snap, so i thought the missing pin from the old sensor was in the plug. so i got a safety pin and picked at the hole where i thought the missing pin was, it didn't come out, but i'm wondering if i hollowed out the hole by picking at it so now the connection is intermittent. any thoughts?