Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Port and Polish info.

Old 11-16-2004, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *FS* Battle GTR Spoiler & more...

anyone know of anyone port and polish there tibs?
was looking into but dont have any info. anyone got a price, how it helps, etc. thanks.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:38 PM

Default Re: Shark Wing for RD2's?

what were you looking to port and polish? Heads, Intake Manifold

before i got my Air Ram IM i looked into a port and polish and it was like $500
wasnt worth it

i have heard on the old site someone port and polished their heads and gained a few whp nothing big at all
Old 11-17-2004, 07:18 AM

Vehicle: 02 Accent
Default Re: BEST DAMN TIRES AROUND!!!!

i'm actually in process of porting and polishing my self, its relativly easy to do, follow the instructions on this site there very good for those of you not familiar with this type of work, http://www.sa-motorsports.com/diyport.shtm, the only thing about DIY is you can bench flow test it!
Old 11-17-2004, 07:29 AM

Default Re: BEST DAMN TIRES AROUND!!!!

I am finally getting my BBTB (the R-side one) to install my AirRam, and I'll probably get into the Maintec Header GB, so, I think a port and polish job should help joined to those mods.
In port and polishing you're supossed to enlarge and align the IM/Headers with the head ports, and in some race engines they grind and polish the interior too, to soften the curves and make a smooth duct to the combustion chamber.
Somebody knows if in our cars that should be done? I am worried to overwork my head and perforate a water conduct.
Should I just stick to smoothen just the outter part of the intake/exhaust ports?
(I don't live in the U.S. so it's cost-wise imposible to send my head there to get it worked up. I'll do it here at a very good shop, however, they don't have any experience with Beta engines.)