Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

total cost of mods

Old 04-23-2002, 08:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No veilside? sad.gif
Well in that case, SR has a pretty nice looking kit, but I'm not sure about the quality. Your gonna have to wait a little while for the performance parts to come out. Plus a bunch of kits are coming soon, so I would wait a little.

mabye add an airbag suspension first; a rare, usefull mod. Then a ZEX NOS kit. Then look look at your options. Since you are going for a show car, look at suiciding your doors.

Then look at kits.

By this time all the performance parts should be out. And go with the I4 since you want major power.
Old 04-23-2002, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

If you just want it to look mean, and not go fast, go with the V6 6-speed. Add the basic bolt ons of...

CAI
BTB
BIM
Headers
Full Exhaust

Then add in a 75 shot of Nitrous.

Then spend the remaining $$$ on the body. Suicide the doors or make them open gullwing style (hinged at the roof line). Go with some air rods or Hydraulics to raise/lower the car...and then slap some pimpin 20" wheels on there.
Old 04-23-2002, 11:56 PM

20 inches? dat fits? i didn't know dat....anyways...75 shot to the v6...isn't dat bad for the engine? i heard it can crack under dat pressure...and no hydraulics...dat weighs down it a little too much....one more thing...the butterfly or watever door stuff...i don't know if it would look good on a tibby...like on some stuff look sweet...but it has to fit da car na mean?
Old 04-24-2002, 01:06 AM

Vehicle: 1997 accent L

*a$$hole mode off* wink rolleyes.gif

It all depends what you want your car to look like. My suggestion is to get the v6 6spd, and the basic bolt ons. Then goto car shows and look at what other people are doing for inspiration.

Also, if you dont want hydraulics, get an air suspension.
Old 04-24-2002, 03:39 AM

Yeah, an air suspension will give you the adjustable ride height with a more comfterable ride and only a small weight gain, but its harder to 'jump' the car.
Old 04-24-2002, 03:03 PM

Just wondering Random are you trying to get him to make the first monster truck tibby? smile.gif
Old 04-24-2002, 03:24 PM

skierd:

*a$$hole mode off* wink rolleyes.gif
LMFAO!!!!!!
I was thinking the same thing with this and dat wink
hehehehhe

Random for the gullwing doors? I didn't know our tibbies could support that since we don't have a top door frame? or are you just b'sing? a 75shot to the v-6 would throw it apart without proper mods. Nevermind i get it now......
Old 04-25-2002, 05:58 AM
Red

Amit:

Get the Ballistic Racing Stage 2 turbo kit
SR headers - 4-2-1 for low end torque or 4-1 for high end HP
rolleyes.gif

You CANNOT use a header like that on a turbo system. There is no way to bolt a "header" to a turbo system because the turbo manifold is the same part. Remember, the turbo uses EXHAUST GAS to rotate, so it bolts up to the cylinder head IN PLACE OF your header (stock header, aftermarket header, whatever, it comes off)

For $10,000 you can have a 450 wheel horspower Tiburon fairly easily. I wouldn't spend a dime on looks, but that's just me.

[ April 25, 2002, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: Red ]
Old 04-25-2002, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Decker:
[QBRandom for the gullwing doors? I didn't know our tibbies could support that since we don't have a top door frame? or are you just b'sing? a 75shot to the v-6 would throw it apart without proper mods. D Nevermind i get it now......[/QB]
The V6 only puts down in the 150's to the wheels. So a 75 shot would keep you under 225 to the wheels. That is still safe.

Gullwing doors are doable, but not cheap. I've seen them done with an internal brace from the door body to the hinges. It also doubled as the handle to close them. But it gets in the way of reaching out the window. Also an external frame and smaller window can be fabricated, but again it would NOT be cheap.