Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

timing belt

Old 11-22-2004, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: FOR SALE!!!!!!!!!! catback exhaust... head ahh (top end)

i think my timing belt is messing up what shoudl i do im gunna take it to a shop tommorow....but like how has this happened to other ppl??
Old 11-22-2004, 08:54 PM

Default Re: Gauging interest for RD exhaust system....your choice.

Get that thing replaced ASAP..IF it breaks on you while your car is running, all sorts of bad stuff will happen and you'll need a new motor!
Old 11-23-2004, 09:16 AM

Default Re: S-AFC II base settings

What makes you think it is "messing up"? A timing belt doesn;t mess up for the most part. It works until it breaks. There isn't really a middle area....
Old 11-25-2004, 11:47 AM

Default Re: new motor gona na tune.. no more FI for me.. what can i

I have to wonder what makes you think that as well. HOWEVER, I have been on a search for a while about the recomendation for timing belt tensioner bearing replacement. Coming from italian cars, the recommendation is every other timing belt change (don't laugh, they only last 25,000 miles on the 124,125,132 series engines in the fiat/lancia/alfa range). I HAVE seen what can happen when the bearing goes and either seizes or falls apart. Very much the same as a failed belt.
Old 11-25-2004, 11:49 AM

Default Re: Help me choose: Stock or New wheels

I am getting ready to replace my belt and I am also replacing the Idler and Tensioner. Both of them together are abou $50 so it doesn't make any sense not to change those out while you are in there.
Old 11-26-2004, 06:45 AM

Default Re: new motor gona na tune.. no more FI for me.. what can i

well.. another thirty thousand miles or so.. and I will be needing another timing belt. I might even replace it sooner if I decide to put an adjustable cam pulley in.