Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Tighten Clutch

Old 01-25-2007, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: car

I was talking to a guy who came in at my work, and I was telling him how my clutch is, well, just a pedal and hopes right now, but he told me that on some cars there's an adjustment where you can tighten and loosen the clutch. I think it had to do with a fork or something. Anyone know if this can be done on an rd1?
Old 01-25-2007, 11:00 PM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

you can adjust the throw or the "sweet spot" where the clutch eng/diseng. that is what he is talking about. but remember you need just a little play in there so you dont have constant tention on the Throwout bearing.. use your fingers and press the clutch pedal till it stop. and adjust it with the bolt on the top. that is one way of doing it. or you can adjust it via the master cyl for the clutch. if you screw the push rod in the pedal disengagement gets closer to the floor. if you pull it out its just the oppsite.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:57 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ Ye, adjusting it can help get a little more life out of it.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:06 AM

Vehicle: Had 96 Elantra Wagon

The "Damper Push Rod" is what you can use to tighten up the clutch pedal. You will need to remove the pin that holds it to the pedal assembly and then you will be able to rotate the U shaped keeper and add some throw to it.

Then just put everything back like it was.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:22 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

WOW, that is awesome! I always hated how late my clutch engaged in regards to pedal movement.

So, turning the rod clockwise makes the clutch engage further toward the floor?

The pedal doesn't get pulled to the floor by the linkage adjustment?

I should be able to get to that from inside the car right? Probably going to be a pain in the ass.

Thanks for the pic.

BTW, your vid is the sickest think I have EVER seen from a hyundai owner!!! That is what I would like to do to my tiburon, what a friggen sleeper. Unbeleivable.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:28 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

its two nuts; you need two wrenches, loosen the outside nut and this frees the inside one to adjust the clutch, then after your done you retighten the outside nut into the inside one.

its not too hard, id give it a 2/10