Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

A/T question

Old 01-28-2005, 08:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/T question

when i take off slowly the transmission seems to shift really slow. like if i was driving a manual it would be like i take it out of first and just take my time slowly shifting into second.. it sounds and feels like it goes into neutral for what feels like a long time.then 2 seconds after it shifts into second it shifts into 3 and the rpms drop way low. what could be wrong. and please dont tell me my tranny is going bad. i will die.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:32 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

mine does it too, and soon every once in awhile it will get stuck and not shift into overdrive. this happened to me once i was getting on the highway and all of a sudden it wouldn't downshift, then once i got going at like 70 it was at 4500 and wouldn't go into OD.
i pulled over, shut it off and started it again and it was fine...
hyundai's AT's blow.
im going to get a flush, and try all these chemicals to put in to try to fix it
Old 01-28-2005, 12:50 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

If your going slow, the auto is going to shift up as much as possible to keep the RPMs low. Sort of a gas-saving thing I would assume. With it not downshifting when it needs to, then theres a problem. Cruising along at 20mph in 3rd gear is perfectly normal for an auto. If you need to get somewhere, it should downshift and be on its way quick. If it works right. smile.gif