Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Story Of My (tib's) Life

Old 09-04-2009, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would take another look at the rear (B2) O2 sensor. An O2 code doesn't always mean that it is the sensor, but since you are getting the Low Voltage code, it probably IS the sensor, or the wiring to the sensor. The low voltage code means that the ECU is getting a voltage from the sensor below the minimum range. Check the wiring connector near the sensor, and check that no wires got melted near the sensor. Then I would pick up a new one, call around though, the price varies by brand and store. I would stay away from the Universals though.

Also, when you reset the ECU, it does some self diagnostics on a bunch of the systems on the car the. During this period it runs the engine in some type of safe mode. After the diagnostics are finished it runs normally. So during the diagnostics you might see better engine performance if the ECU is running without the faulty O2 sensor. Then the engine will run worse once the ECU starts using the sensor again.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:16 AM

UPDATE:

Replaced the TPS with a Kefico TPS about a week ago. Bought a new rear o2 sensor.

The flex pipe unit is so fuxored up that I cannot get the o2 sensor to thread into the pipe. So I've been running without an o2 sensor for about 2 weeks now. Also, the car ran fine for about a week after installing the Kefico tps. Saturday night My problem came back, I could not accelerate past 30 mph this time! and if i didn't have the engine screaming as I let go of the clutch it would stall out. even while driving the car was bucking like mad and my CEL was flashing like a drunk college girl on spring break in Cancun. Misfire after misfire, I literally got stuck in that god-forsaken town because I could not make it up either hill out of town. Yesterday, I got the car towed to my garage. pulled the plugs, and plug 3 was just destroyed. replaced all the plugs and wires and the car still runs like sheit. Theres pretty much no air coming out of the exhaust and you can;t even hear the 2.25" exhaust when you rev the engine. all the sound is coming from the engine. makes me think clogged cat. any ideas?
Old 09-28-2009, 12:56 AM

i'd try unbolting it at the flexpipe in front of the cat and seeing if it still has that terribad problem. it should be hella loud, but if that's your problem then you've already taken off two of the four bolts holding on the cat so it wouldn't be hard to take it all the way off while your down there.

if it turns out to be the problem and it was me, i'd know out the cat or take it to a muffler shop and have them put in a cat- delete..... illegal, but quick and cheaper than a new cat
Old 09-28-2009, 10:13 AM

after my misfire a couple months ago, i had a clogged cat. it was completely melted on the inside and ran terrible. so chances are yours is too
Old 10-18-2009, 01:45 PM

Just an update, Last night I met up with Radu and bought a stock mani/cat unit for the tib along with the flex pipe to fix my o2 sensor woes. I'll let you all know how it goes within the next few days. I've been tibbyless for over a month now and I'm anxious to be on the road again.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:52 AM

well it's less than relevant now, but I had purchased a replacement test pipe from BlueRd2 that replaced the second converter. WORKED GREAT. It was in fact a clogged converter (secondary) and I could feel the minimal restriction, it was awesome. Also, with my 2" exhaust it sounded even better without the second cat.