Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Stainless vs. Aluminum

Old 04-21-2002, 12:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

From what I understand the Stainless steel is a longer lasting material, also looks are involved. Most shops depending on the Manufacturer of the exhaust will give a lifetime warranty on the item. I have a Mozart TT muffler which is aluminum and has dual Stainless Steel tips(Thats all your really looking at anyway!) and has a deeper tone than most stainless steel pipes. There isn't much of a warranty on the muffler but I saved about 125.00 on the deal.
Old 04-21-2002, 01:34 AM

you hatin' on my N1 . If the N1 is too loud for your taste...they offer a super slicencer. which knocks the sound down to a stock type sound.
Old 04-21-2002, 05:46 AM

If you're trying to save some money, why don't you get a straight-through universal muffler? There's not a hugh difference in horsepower between a brand name and a universal and there are some decent universals out there.
Old 04-21-2002, 06:09 AM

Stainless is stronger, longer lasting, better looking, heavier, and better at keeping the exhaust hot as it travels thru the exhust system.
Old 04-22-2002, 01:41 AM

There's plenty of stainless mufflers on ebay for under 100bucks right now. Aluminum piping will save you a lot of money!! You live in Kingsville right? Go to Flanagans behind the Kentucky Fried Chicken on Lott street. He should be able to hook you up with the aluminum pipe you need. The only problem is that he is old school and thinks modifying 4cylinders is a waist of time. He usualy charges around 80 dollars for the pipe and labor. i would go with the aluminum if you go to a 2 and half inch pipe.If you stay at 2 and a quarter, just remove the exhaust resonator and keep the stock piping unless you want to save soem weight, then go with the aluminum.