Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Any one familiar with RACtive performance parts?

Old 04-20-2002, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any one familiar with RACtive performance parts?

Some friends and I went to Hamilton yesterday to find some performance exhausts for each of our cars. Only one of us found something, and that was a $315 {list price} 'ractive' two-tip stainless steel universal muffler to fit on his '98 VW Jetta. The guy sold the muffler and a pair of super-bright xenon headlamps for $250 cash. Is that a good deal? I can't find a 'ractive' web site to be able to tell if that muffler was as valuable as he claimed it to be.
Thanks for any help.
Old 04-21-2002, 01:40 AM

Ractive is ran by Toucan industries,... yes the peeps who make lights:
http://www.toucanindustries.com/
Old 04-21-2002, 10:21 PM

I have their air filter. Works great.

ac
Old 04-21-2002, 10:27 PM

wasn't a big fan of their heatshield filters (felt like it hesitated the low-end power in the band in my auto) but other than the heatshield, i really like all the other products from the other filters to the exhausts they make
Old 04-21-2002, 10:37 PM

I have heard about several people having numerous problems with the seams of the welds on their exhausts opening up and rusting after a short time. I would by there shift knobs, boots, ligts and any type of accessory but would stay away from their performance parts, ie. exhasts, intakes, strut bars, etc.
Old 04-22-2002, 01:46 AM

Mark D' Shark,

What brand of performance muffler would you recommend? And by the way... GO LEAFS GO!
Yeah, I bought an automatic too, hyundaiperformance whore, so I'll stay away from the heatshield filter.

Thanks guys.

One last question... I live in Brantford, where's the closest place I can get this stuff?
Old 04-22-2002, 01:58 AM

A cheaper reliable muffler for you would be "Magnaflow". There are dealers all over the Province.... practically every muffler shop, and Magnaflow offers a lifetime warranty.

You could also go with HKS, Apexi, Brullen and others. Maybe you could do a search in the forum and see what everybodies got.

Are you looking for a place in the immediate area or are you willing to drive to Mississauga and the GTA. If you are then shoot me an email and I'll give you the names of some good shops w/ competitive prices.
Old 04-22-2002, 03:00 AM

I posted this once before, and no one ever commented.

What about Supertrapps? A buddy thought that might look good as a replacement on my '03 tib.
Old 04-22-2002, 05:27 AM

I have a Ractive fireball style muffler on my Tib and so far have not had any problems. If I do you guys will be the first to know when I post it in the flame forum! I also have one of their heat shield filters and I like it. As for the Apexi and others, I could not bring myself to pay that much money for only a muffler!

Oh, I got my muffler for $238.00 so I would say your friend got a good price.