Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Sputtering @ Low RPMs

Old 09-15-2004, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Offical RDTuners GB

Recently, I took my car (2000 Tib) to a shop, and they cleaned out my throttle body, and did a few other odds and ends (21st Birthday Present) As I was leaving my friend gave me a bottle of FI Cleaner, and told me to run the tank really low, put that in and fill back up, then drive... Drive like Hell as he put it, but the next day, i was driving hard (not like Formula 1 hard) and the next time i started off, i noticed an unbelievable sputtering, it stopped around 2300 -2500 RPMs, and now it does it on every start off, every low RPM accel. If i steadily and slow push the gas it wont do it. But any demand will cause it to happen (Flooring it) I just replaced the plugs and wires hoping that the cleaner just fouled a plug, but the old plugs looked fine. Any help is greatly appreciated. Also i just purchased this car used does anyone know if the warranty is still good after a used purchase.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:02 PM

Default Re: Wheel Spacer?

Sounds like it could be a Throttle Position Sensor?? You have any CEL??
Old 09-16-2004, 12:11 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: Ebay (again)

QUOTE (Sooperdoopermann)
Recently, I took my car (2000 Tib) to a shop, and they cleaned out my throttle body, and did a few other odds and ends (21st Birthday Present) As I was leaving my friend gave me a bottle of FI Cleaner, and told me to run the tank really low, put that in and fill back up, then drive... Drive like Hell as he put it, but the next day, i was driving hard (not like Formula 1 hard) and the next time i started off, i noticed an unbelievable sputtering, it stopped around 2300 -2500 RPMs, and now it does it on every start off, every low RPM accel. If i steadily and slow push the gas it wont do it. But any demand will cause it to happen (Flooring it) I just replaced the plugs and wires hoping that the cleaner just fouled a plug, but the old plugs looked fine. Any help is greatly appreciated. Also i just purchased this car used does anyone know if the warranty is still good after a used purchase.

hum... maybe a bit of water in the gas?? (what kind of cleaner as well) it could just be the cleaner doing it's work, I'd just drive it out and see what happens

anyways I think you can use the warranty up to 60k... as long as there aren't any reason's for it to be voided (like on my car)
Old 09-16-2004, 08:03 AM

Default Re: deactivate map light

Could be that you had junk in your fuel lines and its clogged up in the filter..

Fill her up with a new tank of good gas and see how she runs. ..

Could be a clogged injector or fuel filter
Old 09-16-2004, 09:23 AM

Default RWD Tibs???

QUOTE (Jaws021)
Could be that you had junk in your fuel lines and its clogged up in the filter..

Fill her up with a new tank of good gas and see how she runs. ..

Could be a clogged injector or fuel filter

very good point, if it doesn't clear up run a can of chemtool. if it still doesn't... change the fuel filter.

how many miles are on this tib?
Old 09-16-2004, 03:25 PM

Default Re: CUDA body kit

38,000 miles, sorry i forgot to put that, thanks for your suggestions, i only have about a 1/4 tank left, i will fill it up (pray) and see how it runs.
This is just one of those curiosity things, but if something clogs up say the filter or an injector, why would it only do it in a certain span of revvs and not the whole way through? I have heard of that before and never understood, why it would only do it at certain points.
Old 09-16-2004, 05:35 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: Looking at a '99 Tiburon

Don't double post mang.
Old 09-16-2004, 11:58 PM

Default Re: Looking at a '99 Tiburon

i never fully understood that myself, but from what i understand of it, is that at low RPM's the pressure isnt very high, but once the engine rev's up, the fuel pressure increases, thus making more fuel push through and it doesnt really effect it...now dont quote me on that, cuz i could be wrong.. :?: oops.gif
Old 09-17-2004, 03:50 PM

Default Re: obx headers install!!!!

QUOTE (AEMTIB01)
i never fully understood that myself, but from what i understand of it, is that at low RPM's the pressure isnt very high, but once the engine rev's up, the fuel pressure increases, thus making more fuel push through and it doesnt really effect it...now dont quote me on that, cuz i could be wrong.. :?: oops.gif

in my old car, a 75 cutlass supreme (fully restored laugh.gif ), i was having some fuel problems. the filter would get clogged and would let me over 35 mph. but I'm sure it's different in fuel injected. most likely your only going to experience it when you really stomp on it because it can't get enough fuel. but if you accelerate nice and slow then not as much is required laugh.gif
Old 09-29-2004, 09:30 AM

Vehicle: 02 Accent
Default Re: Springs and Struts?

straight up, replace your coolant temp sensor, its $20 from the dealer!! same problem wit my car!!!