Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Spiraflo Units

Old 01-21-2003, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spiraflo Units

We`re starting to get a lot of sales pitches over here in the U.K. concerning these units (mostly e-mails direct from the Company).
I understand they are stainless steel swirl-baffle discs which fit into the inlet pipe (presumably either just after the MAF or just before the throttle body).
I have also read something about fitting them in exhaust tailpipes!!.They seem to want to sell you 2 units in any event.
I would appreciate your comments Random & guys, as I am extremely sceptical!.
Old 01-21-2003, 11:22 AM

its junk, dont bother.

The air becomes turbulent enough to mix with the gas on its journey into the combustion chamber.
Old 01-21-2003, 11:45 AM

1. No
2. Not even close
3. cr4p
4. Even if it did spiral the air and somehow kept the sprial after being split by the throttle body, and then keep the spiral of air after passing through the intake runners and valves. You wouldn't see that mutch difference from it.

so its a waste of money, if anything it'll hinder airflow.
Old 01-21-2003, 08:17 PM
Jon

Its about as much use as the electric torbo gimik oh no i mentioned it again.
Old 01-22-2003, 05:01 AM

but on the commercials for the "tornado," people get an increase in gas milage AND more oomph for highway passing....btw, i'm just kidding i know how stupid these things are.

i saw an add in a magazine that said you could supercharge ANY car for $70. i though, hmm...so i checked out the website. it's just another one of those spiral things to stuff in your intake

i think it's chevy that is putting a similar device on some of their newer cars and adding a snazzy name like zetec or vortech.

[ January 22, 2003, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: turbulence ]
Old 01-22-2003, 05:57 AM

Why would you put this "spiral resonator" on the intake side of the engine? If you ask me, i can't imagine an item thats suspose to increase hp on the exhaust, do the same on the intake side. >>>What? okay so by "quieting" the intake noise (it is a resonator right?) we gain hp?tongue.gif
Old 01-22-2003, 08:40 AM

actually, resonators have been dyno proven to produce a little torque.

and i suppose that ON SOME CARS, with really sh*tty flowing intakes, the spiral things might show a small gain, since it may help the atomization of the air/fuel mix. i'm not discrediting the idea. it's theoretically feasible that these could work....they just don't work very well, if they work at all.