Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Another CAI question

Old 01-22-2003, 08:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another CAI question

The delear i bought my tib from says that putting a CAI on my car will void the emissions warrenty, is that correct?

I was told by SR when i orderd it that it was illeagle for them to void a warrenty without proving that the cause was from the mod that i performed on the car.
Old 01-22-2003, 08:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

emissions warranty? what did the dealer tell you specifically would be voided. hell, i had my car at the dealer with i/e/bbtb and they still worked on it. the mechanic even talked shop with me because of it. there should be no problem with you putting a cai on your tib.
Old 01-22-2003, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

No, intakes do not void emissions warranties. No modification you do "voids" any warranty. The dealer must prove that the modification you did caused the part in question to fail. That only voids the warranty for that ONE PART, not the entire "system".

However, in you live in California, The only intake that is CARB approved is the AEM intake.