Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

speedstate cat-back

Old 06-07-2001, 07:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speedstate cat-back

has anyone seen dyno numbers for the cat-back on the speedstate site? how does it compare to the numbers the kore system showed?
Old 06-08-2001, 01:17 AM

When speedstate first dynoed their cat back they got 3 Whp more on a stock y2k but the dyno was not calibrated right. Their system was designed for longer lasting ( 304 marine stainless )and to be quieter, they will redyno again soon and post the results. Also the Kore system was shown on an auto tib, they will show bigger WHP gains with certain mods than others. I'd say Kore if you can't afford the speedstate one, either will help you out.
Old 06-08-2001, 01:54 AM

Vehicle: Ex Hyundai Owner

ok, here it goes, first off I hate to be put in a position to say which is better than the other, that's why I hardly post on these questions... but I will give you facts:

as far as the KORE SYSTEM is concerned you have the following:

our aluminized systems are cheaper, with no loss in power to the stainless steel systems...

also our dyno runs, as Brendan said were done on an auto and showed a 6.1 whp on a totally stock tibby... this is an awesome gain since most show from 2-4 whp... the only thing I can say is that I can't wait till it's tested on a manual since the gain should be higher, HOW MUCH??? well I don't know...

if you want the hard facts please go here:

DYNO NUMBERS

and if you want to hear and see the system at work click below:

MOVIES

well now it's your decision... have fun with the movies...

[ June 08, 2001: Message edited by: Bat Lord ]