Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Shift Improver Kit

Old 02-01-2005, 07:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shift Improver Kit

are those possible for the tiburon transmissions?
Old 02-01-2005, 08:00 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Are you talking about a shift light?
Old 02-01-2005, 10:12 AM

no he posted this on hyundaiperformance.com too. I asked him wtf he's talking about. Do you want an LSD? Short shifter? Lightweight flywheel? Be more specific. There are plenty of things you can do to the tranny to make it better.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:14 AM

Short Shifters on ebay for cheap or kspec.com . Easy install.

Those can help your shift time.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:32 PM

if he has an auto tranny, there are shift kits available that you can set when to shift and it makes your transmision shift alot faster. but i would imagine its realy expensive and not a good idea unless you drag race.

Just go to google or something and type in shift kit. youll get thousands of places with one. If there is one made for hyundai youll find it.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:38 PM

For auto tranies there is not alot that is availible for purchase. most of it is custom work.

recalibrating the valve body, the solenoids can't be adjusted and i have yet to find an aftermarket solenoid kit. changing the stall, adjusting the torque convertor, ohming down the resitance in the main line to increase main vein preasure are all things that will help your auto tranny performance. i've done alot of those things and its still very streetable afterwards and the durability of the tranny remains the same.
Old 02-12-2005, 01:11 PM

ya tibbychick i did answer on hp.com and i was specific enough...you just didnt know what a shift improver kit was

and ive searched the internet a lot and i just keep finding short shifters etc...and if i do find the actual shift kits they aren't for hyundais

ps. brice your definition sounds right about it, but no they shouldnt be expensive...for american transmissions (mostly american muscle cars) they a little over a hundred dollars...my dad had one in his mustang two
Old 02-12-2005, 04:43 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

American muscle and Import are like apples and oranges. Things like headers are going to cost more for muscle cars because there is more material and more labor involved.

However, things like high stall torque convertors and such... they are going to be cheap because companies like Jegs mass produce the things and prices are going to be low. When only one or two companies make a product, they can sell it at the price they want, and as long as its not incredibly unreasonable, people will pay. Supply and demand my man... supply and demand...
Old 02-12-2005, 11:46 PM

^^^^

lol what was the point?

its obvious it'll be hard to get a shift improver kit for an a/t tib since companies arent mass producing them...but what i wanna know right now is do they even make them for us
Old 02-12-2005, 11:53 PM

you got to look man, very little people even know what it is. only reason i know is my friend has a taurus SHO and he wanted one. besides that i don't think anyone has really looked for one before. just takes patience, time, and knowing what your looking for.

probally be cheaper just to do a tranny swap to a manual, youll have less power train loss, and you can shift then any hyundai auto.