Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

S-AFC gains (yes i searched :p)

Old 05-01-2002, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S-AFC gains (yes i searched :p)

Well so far i have a 2001 tiburon auto that is stock. One thing im concerned about is that it is inconsistant with acceleration, etc. I'll step on the gas one time, and it'll roar and speed off, and sometimes it doesnt. I was thinking this was because the ECU sucks. Would an s-afc fix this? How much hp would it add to a stock car?
Old 05-01-2002, 12:36 PM

the ecu doesnt suck

the reason the car doesnt feel the same everytime you step on it is because your always on different RPM levels

An S-afc would help you a bit,... since these cars come rich from the factory,... but i do recommend you do other mods like exhaust/headers/or intake

How about getting your Throttle body bored or your intake manifold????
Old 05-01-2002, 12:43 PM

It probably the transmission not being able to make up its mind. Next time you're planning on racing it drive the car like you stole it for about 20 mins that should teach it to drive much harder.
Old 05-01-2002, 12:56 PM

yeah i was planning on getting a CAI, then some eibach springs and strutbars, i guess exhaust after that. Thanks for the info guys, i guess ill hold off on an ecu for a while
Old 05-01-2002, 01:38 PM

It probably the transmission not being able to make up its mind. Next time you're planning on racing it drive the car like you stole it for about 20 mins that should teach it to drive much harder.

Yep.
The trans. is auto learning. Just beat the snot out of it a day or two before you take it to the track. (if you break it, its not my fault lol)
Old 05-01-2002, 10:15 PM

the s-afc will show gains of about 8-10hp on a heavily modifiend NA car. I have one but i'm only going to tune it after ALL my NA mods are complete(just the BIM left wink

Anyway, on a stock car, the best you can hope for is a hp or two, but you'll get better gas miledge smile.gif and looks wink it looks bad as hell smile.gif

check out my decker.onlineshowoff.com to see it or view the s-afc and rsm here
http://www.deckernet.net/tibby/rsm/
Old 05-02-2002, 12:45 AM
BV1

Does the 1 GEN S-AFC (black) work on the 2001 Tiburon MAF cars?
Old 05-03-2002, 05:13 AM

change the tranny. I had an auto and I swapped it to a manual. It's very, very worth it. I had an intake, bbtb, and exhaust on my auto. It made it faster, but when I then changed thet tranny, that made it perfect. Don't worry about the suspension and strut bar upgrades. It's not going to make your car faster. Buy all of the performance you can. Up next for me, rims. Not necessarily for aesthetics, but for grip. Those little 195's can't hold the power I've got now.
Old 05-03-2002, 09:24 AM

So

The AFC can help eliminate the weakeneses of the power band at the expense of fuel?

Is that more or less how it works?

Or can you say you get better milage due to a more consistent power band?

I drive a 1.5 soch accent with auto trans.
Old 05-03-2002, 02:27 PM

Well i just realized why my car has been sluggish lately, not the transmission, but the freakin AC! It's been getting hot here in houston the past couple weeks so ive been having the ac on, and man it zaps power like nothing else. I was amazed at what a difference it made turning it off