Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

RPM Signal.

Old 11-03-2004, 06:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: :( My Tib

please ASAP, or if you know the answer:

I need to know how i can get the wire with the RPM signal.

i have to test a RPM led gauge, and in the istructions, the signal can be taken from the "low frequency signal" that leads to the coil, then to the highvoltage cable anf at last to the spark plugs.

i need *that* wire which should be very thin.. (few mm)

do you know if the wire From the ECU ro the instr. cluster brings the same signal or not ? (maybe behind the ECU, signal are in other format with square wave...)

that wire should read 12V (13.x Volts when engine on) and should slow down a little while accelerating.. and it should be measurable with a DC Volmeter...

i really don't know where i can get this wire...

anyone already tryed to plug a mechanic RPM gauge before? (not by getting the signal through the ECU, but plugging something that read the frequency of the signal given before the coil?)

THAAAAANKss wink1.gif

p.s. if any, pixs would be appreciate smile.gif
Old 11-03-2004, 08:34 AM

Default Re: :( My Tib

check out the DIY for the S-AFC II in the DIY section. One of the wires you have to tap for the S-AFCII is the RPM wire....

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?name=Fo...viewtopic&t=370
Old 11-03-2004, 03:54 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: OUTRAGED

A search would own you mang.

LOL

Look for "Tach"

We've writen it up a few times where you can get the signal.
Old 11-03-2004, 04:21 PM

Default Re: 2004 Election Party!!!

smile.gif i searched a lot. trust me.
but i was a little more.. mm... precise on my question...

i know about the ECU pin but:

1. i know even there could be difference beetween pin No. & Color between US/JAP/EUR version .. but this is not a big problem, manual exists even in Italy lol.gif
2. i'd like to know if the pin out of the ecu is the same analogic signal (sin wave) like the one taken from the coil (the one i need), or is a different square wave signal more desined for electric devices such as Apexy Revs Meter etc...

in 2 words: i have a sort of "machanical" gauge for RPM.
so electrics gauges often read directly the ECU pit, but mecanichal don't. this is why i asked if the signal is the same or where i can get *that*

ok..ok.. it appear as an OCD smile.gif tomorror i'll do a search with a volmeter in te pinout smile.gif .. at last i'll call hyundai office for a datasheet laugh.gif

** edit : BTW thanks! i looked for "RPM" "rpm sensor" or "signal" or "ecu pin" or "acceleration" but never "tach" oops.gif oops.gif oops.gif
... i'm nearly to complete my 21 blu led rpm gauge drilled directly on the edge of the instrument cluster... i had only to test it before drill wink1.gif

this is the PCB

this is the idea of where the leds should be:

..now i set it for a 6000rpm ... but you can set light up all the leds @ the RPM you want...
Old 11-04-2004, 08:28 AM

Default Re: Gmail

ehh i believe its a DC voltage level, not a sin wave
Old 11-06-2004, 10:38 PM

Default Re: Vibration while in neutral

Excelent idea about the leds... I would like to see pics of this project when you finish....