Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Random, Questions

Old 08-06-2001, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Random, Questions

Ok we talked before about the gauge install (which I'm still waiting for that other info, no hurry I'm just busting your chops ) and all finally went well but I ran into a problem today. I was taping up the wire the goes to the new oil pressure sending unit and I noticed a lose plug, now I don't know if it's a dummy one or not but it has dialectric grease inside so I'm think it serves some kind of purpase. The thing is I don't know where it goes (if anywhere) I describe to you where it is and what it looks like. If you follow the loom of wire that the plug for the throttle body, water temp sending unit and then the sensor right after it well it looks like the sensor it has a black rubber boot on it only one wire coming out of it and the location of where it comes out of the loom is after the wire harness for the throttle body and before the water temp sending unit but keep in mind the three other things I've described to you are hooked up and this hanging plug puzzles me I can't find anything that is disconnected. So your help would be greatly appreceated here. Also back to the oil pres. gauge new reading when first starting the car it starts at 75psi and when driving it goes to 100psi for about the first 2 min. the car is running and then returns to the 25psi when idle and 75psi when running.
Old 08-06-2001, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

That is just a loose plug. Everyone has that damn thing. It has grease in it and everything. I have no clue what it should go to or work for/on....

Those PSI readings are accurate. Now you know how hard COLD oil is on an engine!
Old 08-07-2001, 12:22 AM

Thanks Random. I thought that might be a dummie sensor but wasn't sure, why the hell did they even put it in if it does nothing? Oh well. I,m still waiting for my volt meter to come in whenit does it will be installed and I will post pics. Thanks again
Old 08-07-2001, 06:54 AM
Super Moderator

I finally got the replies I was looking for.

Thanks to Bry and Bretton.
http://www.fxtreme.org/forums/cgi-bin/ulti...ic&f=2&t=000662
Old 08-07-2001, 01:37 PM

Cool, Thanks for all the help Random. As soon as I get my pictures developed I will scan them in and send them to you just incase you still are going ahead with this project.
Old 08-08-2001, 03:25 AM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by Jaws99:
incase you still are going ahead with this project.

I am...trust me...I am.