Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Random.....

Old 06-27-2001, 12:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi everyone!
As an electronics expert I have a piece of information here....
When you do the engine swap you get the injectors from the 2L...
The injectors of the bigger engine have the same resistance as the ones of the 1.6L. The ECU is exactly the same (at 1.6L and at 2L), so if you change all the ingnition table, there must be no problem. If you swap ECUs you need to get the key that comes with the new ECU due to the Immobilizer...

-Tasos-
Old 06-27-2001, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

In the USA the 1.8 and the 2.0 have different ECU's. So I really don't see how a 1.6 can have the same ECU as a 2.0 The physical chipset may be the same, but the internal programming has GOT to be different.

The US shares Injectors between the 2.0 and the 1.8, but to use those injectors on a 1.6 seems strange. That is a huge range those injectors would need to cover. (800 rpm on a 1.6L vs 6700 rpm on a 2.0L). I'm sure they are the same brand and impediance, but they must be different sizes/flow.

I cannot get mechanical stats for the 1.6 off Hyundai's websites, so I am really running blind. The best way to go would be to talk to a Hyundai Parts person at a dealership, or a Hyundai Mechanic at a dealership.