Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

question for Random

Old 07-31-2001, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question for Random

I've been reading all your flights of fancy with Alpine on FXtreme and Team SR. Last word on the Alpine Air/fuel issues that Ive seen you decided to spend the $$$ for a stand alone Haltech. Well, I am still unclear on if that decision was because Aplines AFC was incompetent or you were just frustrated with the whole matter and thought you might as well get the best product for S&Gs. If I remember Mario said it worked but I would like to know about your experience - If it can work for everyone. With the $1900 promotion I feel I'll be pushed to get the Kit in the end but I know there is no shot in hell I can afford the purchase and tuning for such a complictated piece as a stand alone no matter how priceless they are. I am hoping the only additional mods to the Kit I will get will be RC injectors and low compression pistons (never been a fan of 5th injector or big gasket theory) and from what I can see a bigger fuel pump. In a not so perfect world this would be my perfect solution aside from the kit being perfect out the box. Are you even goin to further your struggle with the kits managment system or is Haltech your only option. By the way what are all the turbo books you've looked at? Im interested in reading them. I've just used knowlege of my magazine readings and knowledge of internet chats and friends so far and so I would be interested in books on the matter. I only know enough to be dangerous to others and myself. Thanks. PS when you said the kit came with a 2.25 inch exhaust did you mean just the exhaust manifold or all the way to the muffler?! Anyways thanks for any help.
Old 07-31-2001, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Mario, I still would like to hear more on your experiences with Alpines managment unit if you have any more word to offer.
Old 07-31-2001, 06:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

I will be going with a Haltech setup, removal of the head spacer and 5th injector...and stock compression.

Onpol was able to eek out 10 PSI on stock compression with just larger injectors and a S-AFC. I should be able to make it work with a Haltech!

The main problem appears to be piss poor tuning on Alpines side. They had flights out of the country already booked, and they were working on a deadline.

I'm still working with them over the course of the next 2 weeks to try to get the stock setup working better. Either way...as is, or fixed, in 1 week from saturday it hits the dyno (if the dyno is working that day!).