Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Power Steering

Old 06-23-2007, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I had a leak in my power steering fluid hose. It was where it goes down in front of the radiator and back up. I assume its like that too cool it off.
I disconected that part so it doesn't leak anymore and it works fine. I did this a few months ago. I was just wondering if its really improtant to have that part, or can I just do without it. I would rather not buy another one becuase it has to come from the dealership.

thanks.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:57 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

i don't know if you have to keep it on there but it's there to cool the ps fluid (as far as i know), so i'd be wise to keep it on there.

also you could probably get that part from a salvage yard (much cheaper) if you don't want to pay the dealership.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:15 PM

Ya im gonna check a couple scrap yards to see if i can get that pice. Probably wont even cost anything.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:47 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

dude you should pop in a steering pump oil cooler.

they vary in price and size

but since you have a leak, and your gonna have to bleed the system anyway, might as well !!

google search "power steering cooler"