Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Possible Injector Problem?

Old 06-14-2010, 07:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

So the other day I was changing my spark plugs and for the hell of it while the spark plugs were out I got my GF to turn the car over a couple of times. What I noticed was that there was a nice fine mist being pumped out of cylinders 2 3 and 4, but nothing really noticable coming out of cylinder 1.

This really boggled my mind because although my car hasn't felt the peppiest in the past while I have only ever had one code thrown (catalytic converter effiency due to my header). I am not getting any misfire codes, and other than idling really low sometimes the car doesn't appear to be running on 3 cylinders. Is it possible that one of my injectors is partially gummed up? Would my o2 sensor compensate for this by making the other three cylinders run rich? Or is there another reason why I would see mist coming out of the other 3 cylinders?

I appreciate any help or insite!

edit: my car has 230,000KM's on it and I'm pretty sure they are the original injectors.