Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Performance Question

Old 09-05-2002, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paging Dr. Red, Dr. Random and Dr. Batlord...

You can start off with the basics: Intake/exhaust/headers.

[ September 05, 2002, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: Hootie ]
Old 09-05-2002, 12:53 PM
Ego

Nitrous Without it you're not going to hit 200hp without a turbo(at least not with a street-drivable setup). Search the engine forum on nitrous and you'll find more topics than you will know what to do with.

Search on turbo and you'll find more. There are a lot of topics--try searching on 'turbo required' for lists people have done up with required mods and costs for turbo options.
Old 09-05-2002, 01:02 PM

yeah you definately should have done a search, but i wont get mad bc i ask dumb questions and hijack threads all night long, go with what hootie said, intake/header/exhaust. and the exhaust should be the whole system. we talkin cat-back newbie! try speedstate.com they sell a nice cat-back set up for tiburons and i hear nothing but compliments about the system. but as for headers, it depends on what type of car you drive, transmission wise. 4-1 headers are better for manuals and 4-2-1 headers are better for autotragics. depends on where you want the power at as well, the type of header affects torgue, i believe, 4-1 is for high end torque and 4-2-1 is for low end torque. or the other way around i forget, no matter what i say, still try a search.

i personally am going for the 4-1 header, in fact i have a post in the engine forum asking a question about them, it is in fact a dumb Q, and here i am hijacking this thread now, im so useless!

best bang for the buck not including nitrous and turbo would be a performance chip. thousand bucks will get you double digits of a bonus in hp.
its on my list that i already sent to santa

torque is just as important as hp, dont forget that as well!
Old 09-08-2002, 06:03 PM

Honestly, unless you go forced induction, you won't be able to get that much hp while in N/A and without an engine swap of some sort. To be realistic, you'll probably spend A TON on getting your car to 210hp in the N/A route(if thats EVEN possible). I think Red's tired of explaining N/A tuning so I guess I had to make it short and save his time so he can go about getting his monster up and running.
Old 09-08-2002, 09:59 PM

ok, the ONLY way to get up into the high 200's is with a turbo. Nothing mild either, you'll need a meaty turbo.

search the engine forum for info.
Old 09-09-2002, 03:45 AM

Dear VerdeShark98:

There is no "performance chip" for your Tiburon.

Another suggestion to up the horse power would be cams.
Seriously though, I don't think you will be able to hit those numbers without massive amounts of cash or forced induction.
Old 09-09-2002, 06:54 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon FX - now 2006 Infiniti M35 Sport

I wouldn't get headers if you're planning on going turbo...