Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Performance increase for exhaust?

Old 05-25-2001, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance increase for exhaust?

I know there has been a little controversy around 4-2-1 vs 4-1 headers, and I was thinking of going with shark racing's 4-1 headers for high-end and speedstate's cat-back exhaust setup.

My question is, is my selection a good idea? What sort of performance would I receive? Is it worth the $1000 or so I'd be blowing? Is the stock exhaust decent on a 2k tibby so I can just get the 4-1 headers and notice a improvement?

and WILL IT BE LOUD AS HELL? I don't think I would want something that would be twice as loud as it is now, becuase I have a CAI and it's pretty noisy wink.gif

-nico
Old 05-25-2001, 01:41 PM

Hey Nico

I'm considering that very same setup..SR 41's and SS catback. From the posts, the 41 has a broader torque curve and more top end then the 421. I like the looks of the Speedstate can and it sounds sweet imo although they didn't post any dyno numbers like the KORE can.

Gotta say, it's a good purchase and you won't be "blowing" your money away. It will probably be loudER than hell. My guess is yes, twice as loud. At least from what Bat Lord said about the 41 headers.

M1K3
Old 05-26-2001, 10:12 AM

Hey how mutch did the turbo cost? Did you put it in yourself? What sort of benifits did you get out of it?
Old 05-26-2001, 12:37 PM

man...from what turboman said, it's definitely worth it...he's got something like 270 HP!!!! from that mod....270!!! ****...that's fast as hell....
Old 05-29-2001, 04:27 AM

sweet yeah send me the report, I'd like to get a turbo smile.gif Then mabye you'll have some competition! smile.gif
Old 05-29-2001, 12:48 PM

HEY TURBO, THERE IS NO OTHER WAY THAT I WOULD RATHER GO BUT TURBO XEPT IF YOU'RE SPRAYING. I HAVE A FRIEND. HE OWNS A FORD COBRA AND RACES OVER AT MOROSO WEST PALM FL. AND I GUESS HE WENT CRAZY WITH THE NOS AN BLEW A PISTON OUT THE SIDE OF HIS BLOCK. ANYWAYS HOW MUCH CAN I EXPECT TO SPEND ON DOING A TURBO JOB PARTS AND LABOR AND I WONT EVEN BOTHER ASKING IF IT'S WORTH IT...I HEARD BATS CAR IT'S LOUD BUT AT THE SAME TIME IT'S SOMETHING ONLY A MAN CAN UNDERSTAND..URGH,URGH,URGH,URGH!!!!(immitating Tim Allen)
Old 05-29-2001, 01:53 PM

Originally posted by Decker:
[QB]Hey how mutch did the turbo cost? QB]

For a 2k. $,$$$.$$ ?